Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Cobalt for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Stay away if you want to live.

addybabyface, 03/26/2014
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in September w/ 40,000miles. Every month starting a week after I bought it, it flashed "low engine power," I went from going 70mph on the free way with my speed dropping dramatically when I was in front of a semi truck. I've taken it in about 8x for this problem, 5 different part have been put in yet low engine power keeps coming up at the worst times. I'm scared to even drive my car. My car keeps telling me to check my air bags yet when I take it in there fine. Three different shops and the chevy dealer to looked at my car. Its a money pit. I'm now having to trade it in take a loss and buy a new car. But I feel karma will come back at me when someone else buys it.

Good

smp429, 01/03/2010
LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an 08 cobalt in 2009 with approximately 29000 miles. I do about 90% highway driving and get between 31.5 and 32.5 mile to the gallon which is so much better than my jeep. The car is fun to drive and overall has been great to own. The only draw back is that one of the hubcaps fell off after one month.

Great Car.

markb873, 08/18/2013
LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2008 Cobalt at 77,000 miles in the summer of 2011. Just rolled over 100,000 miles. Had a few common problems. Transmission had to be rebuilt under GM Powertrain, both front speakers failed, lower control arms. This is all things I would expect with a disposable GM vehicle. I noticed in the snow that maintaining a proper alignment was key to driving straight, and adjusting the rear brakes was key to stopping. The paint still looks brand new even after $4,000 of paintless dent removal. The car has always been dependable and I don't plan to trade mine in.

Super Bee Colbolt

Matthew, 02/22/2017
Sport 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Cobolt is a Canarie yellow 2008 sport with 162.000 miles on it and in mint condition..Stickers from the factory are still on car frame..It is a five speed standard..My entire life I have owned muscle cars but I will tell you that this car will do what u want it to without any complaints..Regular maintenance is the key ..All I have had to replace are brake pads and 1 clutch..Yeah in some models there have been some upsets but if you can grab a 2008 sport 5 speed..Take it

Six years, Too long, Never again.

sanwich, 06/16/2014
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it with 3 miles, It was good on gas, Never should of traded my truck for it. I will start this with how big of a P.O.S this car is and build like so.. 2 days in the Door panels get ripped off by other Interior pieces. 3 months in the trunk no longer latches properly, 4 months random shifting times (lag to shift up or fail to shift down when needed). 6 months all Cobalts reduced to 9995 after I paid 15,995 for mine lol.. Speakers, stuts, Exhaust, and hood prop failures.. and then All the recalls started. "faulty ignition switch linked to 33 crashes and 13 deaths" No thanks, I have since traded and only got 5k for it

12345...13