Used 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Cobalt for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

It's been a great car.

Gary, 03/31/2016
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Cobalt with 100,000 miles on it, so I was expecting it to need some work at sometime or another, and maybe have a leak here or there, but it simply hasn't been the case. I change my own oil and always do a look around underneath the car to check for issues, and I almost always come up empty handed. I now have 157,000 miles on the car, and all I've had to change are the brakes, tires, and a couple control arm bushings. The reliability has been phenomenal. About the only gripe I have is that the interior is very basic and cheap looking Update: now at 200,000+ miles. Still on the original clutch, and still haven’t had to touch the engine other than regular maintenance and a thermostat. Update: 220,000 miles and car was rear ended on the highway. Hit was hard enough to put most of the trunk in the passenger compartment. Car kept me very safe, had only minor bruises from the seatbelt. Great car, I would’ve easily kept racking on the miles had this not happened.

Rollover and walk away

mike, 12/10/2008
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car for my 18 year old daughter for her high school graduation. She loved it and we loved the cost. Last Sunday she had an accident on the highway in which she hit some black ice. Smashed into a wall. And than the car rolled over landing on the roof. She was wearing her seatbelt. Thank God. Without a scratch she gets out of the car. Calls me first and than called 911. I arrived before the emergency services and she was sittinbg on the side of the road with out a scratch on her. Needless to say that after the insurance pays off I will be getting her another Cobalt. This car did a great job in protecting my kid and it will do the same for yours, buy American. All in all I cant thank Chevy caring enough and not cheaping out on the safety aspect of this little economy car

Good car for the $$

Chevy loyal, 07/13/2010
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our Cobalt new in 2008. Got a great deal & are very happy. We had one thing wrong with the mirrors when we first got it but taken care of quick and easy. Our cobalt is a manual & we get about 34-37 mpg on the highway, 30-33 in city. (depending on who is driving). Overall a good car, just not a lot of room in the back seat.

An okay car with a few flaws..

danielsmith85, 09/24/2014
LT 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I have to say my Cobalt has been a pretty good car in terms of reliability. There's been a few problems but I've had most of them were fixed by my local dealership. At 23,000 miles my power steering pump quit while merging on the interstate, lol wonderful right? (Replaced under warranty) At 51,000 miles my radio would randomly turn off and start working again when it wanted to. (Replaced by GM under warranty) And my door speakers would only work when it's warm outside. (I just had new ones installed from Best Buy.) But besides these things the car has been great. It's fun to drive and has a lot of pep for a 4 cylinder. It's great on trips and I plan to have it for many years to come.

I'm back (2 years later)

cragman1, 05/19/2010
LS 2dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Third review from me on my '08 Cobalt base LS w/automatic. Most owners probably either sell or trade 2 yr old cars nowadays. Which is my reason for a 3rd review. Since buying this in Jan of '08, we've seen Toyota go through their inevitable fall from grace, and Honda's numbers are down as well - no doubt due to lack of interest from generation X, Y, or is it Z by now? Either way, once we have all small cars starting to look like Scions or Mazdas, I'd swear it's starting to look like a science fiction movie version of The Stepford Wives - only done in a small car theme! ;~0 . Anyway, I still have my '08 white Cobalt with nifty round red taillights and it still purrs along nicely!

12345...13