Used 2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cobalt model:

RECALL
By Lucy Gallagher

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Chevy cobalt 2005, so many issues latest is the doors not staying closed should be a recall so many people have reported this from 2005-2007. This is a huge safety issue especially with passengers. Dealership wants a one hundred dollars to diagnose? then parts ballpark figure 500 -600. My car is old now this should be a recall sent in a complaint with the Safety Commission if they get enough complaints they will make a recall.

This car is a horrible mess
By Latrecia Landry

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We were always replacing parts now the motor threw a rod, motor is shot. The paint job is coming off, too. So now I have a dead 2005 Chevy cobalt sitting in my driveway. The a/c leaks inside the car. New brakes, starter, rims, etc...

Economy Yes!
By Allen Tayler

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Parts readily available, easy to work on. Plain car, gets you where u want to get.

Better than some
By corby weaver

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Clunks under car. Suspension noises at 130k miles. Road noise inside. 33 mpg at 70 mph. Not bad for a basic car. Alarm goes off , heater squeeks,

05 chevy cobalt base model
By Cody chevy everyday

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car off craigslist for 3,000$ from a mechanic and it's been really reliable faster than an 09 Honda civic and the overall quality is great I have a sound system in mine with 10"inch kicker subs and that's all I hear I never hear the outside I bought it with 151,000 miles on it and it now has 166,000 miles on it and I'm a teen so those I would consider hard miles it has exceptional quality and great acceleration for a 4 cylinder I love it and I definitely recommend this car the safety features are good too the guy who sold it originally crashed it once and usually when you crash cars that becomes history for them but the cobalt was still great I hit a lady with it at 20 mph because she slammed her brakes and I didn't get 1 scratch and with my driving I get 23-24 mpg great car chevy did great thank you and I recommend it