Skip to main content

List Price Estimate

Used C/K 2500 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Serves me very well

J Sherman, 03/21/2008
1998 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series C2500 HD Silverado 2dr Regular Cab LB

I've had the truck for 10 years and use it as a truck. We pull a travel trailer and have made many long trips. The Chevy is holding up very, very well at 130,000 miles. I expect it to last to 200,000 miles. The only problem I had was head gasket failure due to poor coolant. The coolant was rated for 100k miles but lasted only 60k. The stock sound system is incredible. Fuel mileage is 15 - 16 on the highway; 10 mpg pulling a trailer. The truck has done everything I've asked and we are planning a 12 month trip with it and the travel trailer beginning this summer. Chevy did a good job when they built this vehicle. I made a good purchase.

4.63 out of 5 stars

love

dennis, 07/28/2005
1998 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series K2500 HD Silverado 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

love my new truck

5 out of 5 stars

Great truck with few flaws

Rich , 09/17/2021
1998 Chevrolet C/K 2500 Series HD Cheyenne 2dr Regular Cab LB (5.7L 8cyl naturally aspired 5M)

I’ve had my 98 Cheyenne for several years and besides brake pads and two new batteries this truck has asked me for nothing. I’ve owned 2 t-100 Toyota’s and they were very dependable but one had the frame rot- kind of a big problem and the other was just plain rusty and I soon tired of showing up to work with a wet crotch and the old man jokes that went along with it. I decided to buy my brothers plow truck- the Chevy. Ok Toyota has a great reputation but the old Chevy always starts on -30 below weather, never needs to get plugged in and does the 12 plow contracts that I have to supplement my social security. It doesn’t get great mileage but considering it’s driving around with a plow on it I can’t [non-permissible content removed] about it. It’s been a dependable friend and has asked for very little. The interior is a bit plastic but surprisingly has held up well and the body has only a bit of surface rust. The odometer has passed 340,000 miles and I wouldn’t hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow. I have been convinced that the domestic trucks -Chevy, Ford and dodge have gotten a bad reputation when compared to Toyota. The Toyota’s are a good truck but there’s no way my Toyota’s could have done what my old Chevy has. I recommend them highly.

3 out of 5 stars