Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

Good value

rt, 10/29/2008

My car has over 145,000 miles on it and virtually trouble free. Only the fuel pump replaced (at $500 at 5 yrs and 125k mark) the rest was maintenance: tires, serpentine belt, battery, brakes, but nothing at all expensive. 2/3 of the mileage is freeway; the rest local. I drive 70, get 35mpg without air, 33 with air on. 5 speed. no frills, except CD player. No issues and no worries.

Good cheap car

Matt, 12/29/2008

Bought this 03 Cavalier used, 125000km on it, it has 175,000 on it 2 years later. This car was my hero in bad times once I was finished school looking for a job. It is so cheap to maintain and repair. Somebody hit my car and ran, I bought a new bumper for 40 bucks from somebody and put it on. Nothing has gone wrong with this car, except a fuel pump, because all I could afford was to put 5 bucks of gas in it and ran it on the light the whole time (my own fault). You will dust standard Civics and Corollas in this thing, not any Japanese cars give you 155lb feet at mid range. Fuel economy is excellent. Car gets a bit rattly with age, but so does any car. Buy it!

Never Again, will i buy a GM product

jeff, 05/20/2009

I bought my cavalier new in 2003 and i am not hard on a vehicle. But since i have had this car new it has been thru 3 sets of brakes and rotors, 2 times to have the horn fixed, first time was under warranty second time cost me some major money. The fuel pump went and that was a major blow to my pocket book. Over all the car is ok but when it comes time to fix something you better have a brinks truck in your back pocket to fix the stuff that goes wrong. I have a 94 S-10 that has 126000 miles on it and it hasnt cost me near what the cavalier has cost me. So i will never buy another gm product again.

6 good years together

Muskokan, 06/09/2009

I just traded in my 2003 Cavalier for a 2009 cobalt. I really enjoyed driving it and had no real issue in the 160000 km. Rotors warped by 20k and again at 40000. Replaced with inexpensive after market brand and never had another problem. Wheel hubs were done while car still under warranty.I did very little maintenance, oil changes every 10-15 k, nothing else the owners manual suggested. It always started even in - 30 Celcius -22F. I got over 800km on a tank several times,38US mpg 6.1 l/100. I never really took good care of it and in 6 years it never let me down. I was impressed by the acceleration, 0- 100 km in 8.5 seconds is not bad for a car that cost 13 grand tax in.

I love my cavalier

Nicole, 07/11/2009

This is my very first car. I've had it for almost 2 yrs now and have over 110K on it and it's still running strong. AC works amazing and so does the heat. It gets regular oil changes and tune ups and has amazing gas mileage. I've done alot of driving in it, miles at a time sometimes and it doesn't ever have a problem. I've gotten into one accident with it and it was just exterior damage, and the car looks and feels like it never happened. Nothing major has had to be fixed on it yet. Runs very well in the snow.. Very reliable car!!

Drives well...when it drives

crapaliergirl, 11/24/2009

I keep my cars in great shape - my previous car was a 30 year old VW in mint condition. This car - well. Under warranty: Bearings some sort of alternator shelf? catalytic converter Covered because though not under warranty, acknowledged problem: ENGINE (faulty block - if your engine goes - INVESTIGATE AND PUSH!) Not under warranty: brakes and rotors - constantly warps rotors within first 5,000 kms. $400 Fuel pump at 125,000 kms - although thousands of complaints, claim it's a "fuel supply" issue and not a fuel pump issue. Yes - apparently, by the thousands of complaints, it's one all over north America. nice one, GM. interior poorly setup - cannot use heat knobs with cup holders full.

lemon yellow lemon

Kay, 05/11/2010

I bought this car new in 2003 and thought it would be a good car for my needs. I had it in for repairs 5 times under warranty and count fewer times since. Now it has headlight problems and turn signal light on passenger side blows out every 2 to 3 weeks. I would never buy a GM car again!

love my cavalier (CA-VAUL-E-A)

virtuous woman, 08/19/2002

This is a fun car! I purchased a 2002 cavalier LS coupe with the sports package and it is nice. It handles very well and is good on gas. Also, I was able to take advantage of the rebate offer, which saved me a lot of money. If you want a sports car, but do not have "sports car money" I recommend this car. Make sure that you get a coupe with a sports package. This car is really nice. It far exceeds what I expected. Chevrolet has come a long way with the Cavalier!

wonderful car

sexy cav, 09/05/2002

I bought my car used, and there is nothing better then an cavalier, i love the look and the style! It's an hot car, i will be driving one for years to come!

The Cavalier (2003)

K.B., 11/29/2002

*One of my friends recently bought a new Cavalier and found out that it had a big makeover. She got inside and said, "This is the car for me!" It drives fast, but not too fast. It looks sporty, but its personality is for city streets. The car is fun to drive and could use a few more features and a new interior design.

12345...11