Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Coupe Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons

okay car

yaris4, 08/13/2011

This car is average at best. bought brand new in 2003 has 180K on odometer. Automatic Z24 in canada model. Car drives well, with smooth automatic transmission. Gas mileage is average. Have had to replace driver side auto window motor 3 times. Other than that regular maintenance.

Never buy governmert motors

danddad33, 08/29/2012

bought the can new with 7 miles on it. around 350 miles the heater switch went on it. Next one happen around two years after owning the car. wife called and told me car will not stay running. I ran the car about a mile to the house, with it stalling about 100 times. this is 36,000 the fuel pump went. well the good news was that the car was too new for the bolts to rust. I changed it. around 54,000 miles the gauges on the dash went hay-wire. Stepper motor bad, easy fix with the dash pulled apart. Now that the car is 12 years old and 97,000 miles the motor went. I have a ford ranger close to 200,000 miles only thing went was the timing belt. I love my ford!!! NO MORE CHEVY!!!!!

A piece of junk!

Valerie, 11/13/2009

Bought this car brand new with 3 miles on it. Thought it would be a great reliable car. WRONG! I had every stupid little thing go wrong with it possible. I replaced the rear turn signals about 20 times and finally the dealership did some fixing to it. Didn't work cause I Still had to replace it once a month. The windows, BOTH, broke and wouldn't go down so I had to have my father fix them several times. The interior lights had issues with flickering constantly. Another electrical problem the dealership fixed and it restarted again. Had some engine issues but luckily my father is a mechanic so it didn't cost too much.

This car is junk

mbolton, 12/25/2002

Poor design, I'll always regret this purchase. I should have bought a Toyota or Honda

Best car for the price

Lauren H, 06/23/2003

An excellent car for the price you pay for it. It has great handling, always reliable and stylish. I've owned two cavaliers and neither ever gave me any mechanical trouble.

Disagree W/ Edmund's Review

Hershey, 02/21/2003

The 03 is the best. Not sure why Edmund's feels this car is old. If you look from a pract point it rcvd new fascias,eng in 03,trans is new design. The int. not as cheap as you say,as for the rest of the car, just so much you can do when something works. Why is it that when imports changes fascias Edmunds hails as comp redesign,when U.S. manf does it is insgnfcnt,car is still old design? Elantra is worse,I drove both. Only feature that beats Cav is the 100k war,doesn't help resale. If you read the small print you can't sell it out of your family doesn't help resale. Do a REAL test,drive each w/30k. You find why the CAV CONS RATING is high.

Fast and Fun

titababy, 08/02/2003

When I first got in the car it seemed to just fit me like a glove.I stepped on the gas and I took off like a bolt of lightening. It looks real sporty and it is real roomy.I don't feel like I'm in a sardine can.I love it........

My Cav

JAILER 6, 02/07/2004

Fun to drive. Less road nois would be a plus.

Heap of junk

marko, 05/14/2003

You get what you pay for. Broke down 3 time in 6 months. Major electrical problems.

Very Suprising

chemmie, 07/06/2003

I was very suprised in how peppy the engine is. For the price, I dont think there is a car that will match it. The interior is cheaper than others but it is still pretty sturdy and can handle wear and tear from people and dogs. Because of the peppy engine, it is very fun to drive! Also gets better gas mileage than listed.

12345...11