Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

very expensive to replace or repair

sherrykkkee, 04/09/2009

Drivers window has never worked right. About 400 to replace motor which helped for short time... Back window coming loose, that is a 595.00 cost. I have a fungus growing in back seat due to water leaks. Door rubber was replaced before.... Not a good car for tall people. Have been repeatedly ripped off by dealership and other mechanics.... I only put the top down about 4-5 times a year.... If I touch drivers window button, it could take 2 days to get it back up.....

best economy car

adrian, 01/12/2003

I have been extremely satisfied with the car, the editor's review here is very unfair. Best exterior design by far among everything out there, powerful engine, ABS and other options are standard (compare with Civic or others in this class), and last but not least good price (compare again with competition such as Honda) Crash results are listed here as poor, but i've had a serious accident and it behaved very well - both airbags went off, the front of the car was smashed, but i was just fine, with no injuries.

Cavaliers are a great car

kirby, 01/16/2005

This is now my 6th Cavalier. No matter how you cut it they are reliable and low maintenance. In the past 18 months of owning the 2000 cavalier I have now, it has cost me less than $200.00 in total repairs(regular oil changes included). My only complaint is the suspension is a little weak. All Cavaliers have been known to hit hard over bumps leaving the comfort of driving being sacrificed. However if you can sacrifice the comfortable drive for a cheap, reliable, low maintenance, gas miser. Then a Cavalier is right for you.

Sondra

zoeydsngwrtr, 03/26/2003

I am a return customer for the Cavalier. I find that for their class, they are pretty good, (in my mind they come in second to the Civic, it is just too much money for my budget). The car drives very well, and you get what you pay for plus some.

Love this car

heather stevens, 06/21/2004

I always love to drive this car. It is cost effective and very reliable. It is a great car for first getting out of college.

12345...17