Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Reliable

Kevin, 09/09/2008

We purchased our 2000 Cavalier in October of 1999. We have 123,000 miles on the car. We get 28 mpg average between city and highway. We have the 2.2 litre engine. The car is very easy to drive and still runs very well. We have had very little trouble out of it. It has been very reliable. No leaks of any kind, and everything works. Still looks good and I enjoy driving it every day. We paid $13,000 for it new and have had the car for nearly ten years. I have no plans to sell or trade my Cavalier. I have owned many different cars from many different manufacturers, but I have kept this one the longest and have found it to be the most reliable.

Z Power

Tank, 12/05/2008

I was looking for a winter car and never considered buying an American car, much less a Cavalier. To my surprise this little Z24 is fantastic, I only paid $2500 for it and that is a steal compared to anything else in the market in that good of shape, No rust...no fuss. Although it is not perfect it is very fun to drive and reliable so far. If I get 2 years out of this car, wow, I will buy another.

Love My Chevy

BiMi, 05/29/2009

I bought this car in 2006 and have loved every minute. It is so reliable and the gas mileage is astounding. The dash and cracks around the vents and radio are discouraging. So much of the cosmetic parts of the car have broken off. My husband and I have driven from Florida to Philly, Philly to Virginia (4 times). It has done extremely well. My husband used to make fun of my "sissy car". his car broke down, but mine keeps on going and going. He stopped calling it my "sissy car". It is now "our car".

Great little car!

cakesa3, 12/14/2010

I drive a 2000 cavalier which has taken my sister through High school, and is now taking me through college. It is a great little car! It has only given minor problems which u can expect from any car. When we got the car, it was abandoned by its current owner. It did not run and it needed a new transmission, but my uncle who is a mechanic saved its life. :) I don't like to see people bash this car-or American makes period. No, its not the most comfortable car. But if thats what your wanting, then your going to pay more. This is a simple car-to get you from point A to B. If your looking for something more luxurious, GM does make the Cadillac. Now there's 116,000 miles and still running strong!

25,000 miles in one year!

sturns, 05/12/2008

I bought this car a year ago with great apprehension. I have heard bad things about Cavaliers and GM. But my fears have been asuaged. This car is a beast! From freeway to stop and go driving this car has gone 25,000 miles in one year and I have had no real problems. It can be a little underpowered and at times noisy, but it's strength lies in reliability. It also excelerates well in turns. Good job Chevy! Good job GM!

12345...17