Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews

Used Cavalier for Sale
Select your model:
12345...17

Pros
Cons

Great little car!

Cheryl, 05/20/2008

I have owned this car for 2 years (bought used) and have had no major problems. It handles very well even in the snow, and has a ton of spunk. The gas mileage is unbelievable, I get 28/city, 35hwy! Super fun to drive, nice tight steering and lots of acceleration, great sound system and convertible is perfect in the summer!

Great car!

stevewl1164, 06/18/2014
LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in April 2009 and it had 118k, four door and three speed automatic. I paid $1100 for it. It had a new set of Michelins too! The dash near the windshield cracked and now has chunks missing. The original stereo/CD died. It uses no oil between changes. I replaced the radiator, the alternator, and changed the oil every 3000 miles. As of June 2014 it has 186k. I usually get 28 mpg in mixed driving, but sometimes get 30. I figured for $1100 if it lasted a year I could give it away and not be out anything. Five plus years later it is still going strong. Mine has the old OHV 2.2...never had an engine or transmission issue, nor check engine light. I may never get this lucky again. I kept this car until January 2016. I sold it because I bought a 1998 Cavalier with only 100k and was not driving it. It had 218k when I sold it. The people I sold it to said it now has about 230k and have had no problems with it at all. It was so hard to let it go. I wish I had kept it. Even though I have the 1998, I still miss my 2000 model. It was the best car I have ever owned.

Great Car

donnn, 02/11/2010

I've had this car since the day I turned 16, and I've loved every minute with it. I drive over 60 miles a day, and this car has NEVER let me down in the least bit. I have not had to repair a single thing in the 60,000 miles that I've had it. Starts in the coldest weather, and goes through any kind of weather like a champ. Its great on gas, and I'm always getting compliments on how sharp looking it is. Treat this car well, and it will run forever.

Great little car

Roger sharp, 08/24/2015
Z24 2dr Convertible

I purchased this cavalier convertible 6 months ago They rod bearing went out 2 months ago every body told me to replace them engine 2.4 oh dual cam But being a stubborn old man (80 years )old can do that myself it is then most complicated car I have ever worked on

My favorite car ... Ever

Claudia Trainer, 06/23/2017
Z24 2dr Convertible

Lots of fun to drive, a head-Turner. Roomy, hands-free opening trunk. Kids don't like back seat (got rid of kids).

12345...17