Used 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great Used Car!
By DSFan4Life

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used a little over 2 years ago & I am a lot happier than I thought I would be with it. It does great on the highway when you need to pass people. It gets ~30 mpg regularly. It does amazingly well in snow for a small car. And it does well in grass too. I would definitely recommend if you don't need a huge car.

Cruise control, gas mileage, reliability.

Make height of seats adjustable.

reliable
By pb

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 10 years and I'm sitting at 200000 miles and no major repairs yet. I wish all chevys were this reliable.

Best car I ever owned
By libra26

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was the most reliable car I ever had in my life. I never had to put anything major into this car in the 6 yrs I owned it. Absolutely the best and I loved it. I wish they still made the cavalier. I owned 2. I tried to get another used one but they were hard to find. I'm sorry I didn't keep it until it had major problems. I only got rid of it because I was scared of the mileage 110,000 and it needed a new coolant system put in it. I missed having air conditioning too. I didn't want to put any money into it. I was afraid having an 11 yrs old car was risky. I got great mileage. I never not once had it not start for me in 6 yrs. That's pretty amazing.

It didn't have any special features nothing fancy came on it. I loved the color Canjun Red.

More features would have been nice. My only complaint was the air conditioning went after I had it 4 yrs. I never had a new one put in.

The litte car that could.
By anthony farmer

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got my 1998 Chevy cavalier from my parents and love it. I am currenty still going to school and working and loving the car. This car is the best on gas mileage and a really good car. My car now has 222,076 miles on it and all I have ever done to it is regular maintenance except there was a little time period when it was overheating bad but it turned out it was my fan. I got it fixed and it runs like a top. My advice to anyone is if you can get one of these little boogers its best that you do cause it will save you so much money in the long run. By the way mine is the 2.2 liter 4 cylinder there the best.

The 5speed transmission and the outside looks of the vehicle.

Make them have just a little more leg room for the people with long legs like myself

Brought back from the brink of death
By Beverly Noble

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

My husband to be and I bought this vehicle from my mother who did no maintenance on it whatsoever. We have literally rebuilt this car and it runs like a lean mean fighting machine with over 276,000 on it and we will go a full one million on it before we both die of old age. Chevrolet Cav's are built to take a licking and keep on ticking hopefully not like a bomb.