Used 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Caprice for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Car But Expensive to Repair

1996 Chevrolet Capri, 03/08/2006
4dr Sedan

Great Car...great respect because it looks like a police cruiser. Very expensive to repair. I have spent about $2000 in the last 2 months on repairs. It has 209,000 miles. I hope I can get 300,000. It is one of the best I have owned. I have had it since 72,000 miles about 4 years ago. Now I do a lot of highway driving and hope I can keep it.

the best i ever owned

caprise 1, 04/19/2003
4dr Sedan

my dad got this one when it was new. he drove it for a number of years and loved it, i got it from him about a yr and a have ago ..since then i have put a stagering 60.000 mi on my chevy. and let me tell you it is the best!!! verry little prob since i got it,the only thing i had to do was to change the alt appart from oil change and tires. last sumer we took a vacation to Fla, i got 32 mpg belive it or not. i got a 4.3 v8 in it you would sware it was a 5.7..... if i had to put any thing that might be bad would have to be that i cant get a 2003 ,,,, why would chevy stop making them?????????

A Highway Car

Wm R Dunton, 03/12/2002
4dr Sedan

Cruises at 70 mph w/cruise control. Gets 24.5 true mpg at that speed. Replaced factory shocks with stiffer premium shocks and get positive steering and stopping. Not fast at takeoff but enough power from 30to70. Rides very well but not cushy or mushy with P225-75/15 Michelins. Plenty of room (I'm 6'2" 200lbs) Minimal repair cost. Maintained carefully.

great car ever made