Used 2000 Chevrolet Blazer Consumer Reviews

Used Blazer for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...33

Pros
Cons

2000 ZR2 Blazer

Pau, 11/03/2002
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

This was a lease that was going to be purchased when lease came to term. That isnt happening. The ZR2 is a great ride, very comfortable, very reliable, but it has its flaws. Fuel economy cant be an issue with an SUV. Anyone that thinks they're going to get 30+ MPG isnt. There were problems with the outside spare tire carrier latch (corrected), the seat adjusters broke repeatedly (corrected, but at a constant inconvience), the sunroof leaks (still not corrected), and it does rattle alot when going over bumps. Quality control definately went down the tubes on this model year, so I believe the next purchase will be a 99 blazer. Hopefully less problems.

Fool me once...fool me 2x, shame on me

Jerry Schreck, 12/21/2002
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Never again. Bought a 2000, made a lemon-law claim due to problems with the drive-train (front or rear??? they could never figure it out). Replacement vehicle has same thing but not as bad. Now, with 50k miles and out of warranty, front ball joints are shot ($1600-1800), pwr steering pump leaks, tie rods bad, etc. Only problem, never taken off road! Now I learn front end problems very, very common on S-10 models. I am the 3rd person I know with same problems. Never again!

Isn't bad, but needs improvment

Chris, 08/18/2006
LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I have a black 2000 ZR2 Blazer with 53k on it now, had 24k when I bought it a little over 3 years ago. I like the looks and features, but have had a lot of the same problems others here have posted. Ball joint on passanger side went bad, seat level on passanger seat broke. Tons of rattling of panels of doors, and in the back, spare tire blocks 96% of view to the rear. Gas gauge broke, heater core went, cd player went dead, and the sun roof had to be changed out 3 times. The MPG for this SUV stinks and the power seems to be bad during the hot summer days, at least mine is like that. With all those problems, I still like the car, but would trade it in if I could.

Its a TRUCK!!!

mtpd51, 08/31/2004
LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Rides like truck, drives like a truck, must be a truck. Nice size for long trips, with decent gas mileage. If you want great gas milage buy a Honda. During 6 month ownership A/C compressor replaced under warranty, front ball joints replaced under warranty, oil coolant lines replaced under warranty, ignition harness replaced under warranty. Its a used car with 40k on it. I paid less than half for a new one, with an extended warranty lasting as long as a new car warranty does. For the $15,000 I saved I bought a boat!

Loved this car

Aaron, 05/04/2007
LS 4dr SUV

This car drove great. Was my first car, got about 18 to 20 MPG city/highway. Only problem I ever had was the stupid seat recline handle but GM has a metal one for $15 and that one worked great. I was in a crash in October, I had new tires put on and one wasn't secured right by the mechanic and it broke free, the rear tire then blew, I went throght a wall and 2 trees before stopping on the third, this car saved my life. Drives really well, interior is very durable, 5 16 year olds couldn't destroy it so its very good. I would highly recomend this SUV.

12345...33