Used 1996 Chevrolet Beretta Consumer Reviews

$730 - $1,879

Used Beretta for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

The Good Cheap Car With Problems

Bobbyz26420, 04/02/2010
Z26 2dr Coupe

I owned my 1996 Beretta Z26 model for about 7 months. It was a great car, real sharp and it raced decently, (once beating a 2000 Camaro). She ran beautifully for the first three months, but after that I started having oil pressure problems. I ended up having to replace the radiator, ignition switch, engine timing chain set, water pump, belt tensioner, and an oil sending unit, totaling out to a whopping 1350 just for parts, not including labor. I finally decided to give up on her when the engine bearings and rods ended up wearing out to where the engine needed replacing, and the transmission was already slipping and a belt was rubbing off in the transmission oil. Great car, doesn't last long.

Hey mikey i think he likes it

Z-26 Addict, 06/30/2002
Z26 2dr Coupe

I do likes it i likes it alot. This is the second Beretta z-26 that I have had. I crashed/ totalled the first one. I really like this thing. It can keep with and beat a lot of cars and it resonably disguised as a small coupe with not a lot of but when you want it the power is definatley there. The car it self is just too heavy if they found a way to ligthen it by about 500 too 1000 pounds the thing would be a lot better.

nice car

franky kiko, 08/04/2002
2dr Coupe

its a nice car

nice ride

Slash, 01/07/2003
Z26 2dr Coupe

Nice sporty ride. Very reliable. At 52,000 miles and counting.

It smells like a sweat sock

callAAA, 09/28/2003
2dr Coupe

I bought the car a few years ago at 88000 miles. Since it rolled onto 90000 there have been thousands in repairs. A strange leak has also appeared that from my research is common in all beretta and corsica models. It will be years before I EVER buy another chevrolet. American cars be warned ... keep putting out crap and you will lose customers.