Used 2010 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Aveo for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

It has very few shortcomings for the type of car it's generally classified as.

inprogressing, 03/01/2015
5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

After three months of pouring $80 of gas into a 2008 Jeep Liberty, I headed up a car hunt with a top priority on fuel efficiency. I ended up with a 2010 Chevrolet Aveo, and it surprised me in so many pleasant ways. It's a very effective little car, and then some. Despite some irritating features such as on star and day running lights, the car is extremely fun to drive. It glides like an eagle, quickly and quietly. Its powerful, both mechanically and electrically, and it uses a very intelligent design. It's pretty tough and durable for its size. It looks a little less sharp than average for its size and type, but its roomy, comfortable, and reliable. I would recommend it, very highly.

Great Car

ecotec16, 09/23/2011
5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot be happier with this car! I have the 1LT with Black Metallic paint, XM Radio, rear spoiler, driver convenience package, driver information center, anti-lock brakes, air conditioning, and automatic transmission. The car is extremely quiet both inside and out. All the doors shut with a luxury sound (unlike the tin can sound on other economy cars). Fuel mileage is great - - I average 36-40 MPG @ 68 MPH on the highway depending on wind direction/terrain. In the city the average is more like 29 MPG. Visability out of all windows is great. For me their is no blind spots. With OnStar and a supurb warranty (100K powertrain) you cannot go wrong!

What a piece of junk

buyersremorse, 09/30/2010
5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car back in Jan 2010 to use as my daily commuter car. I was comparing to Fit, Versa, Yaris, and Accent. I picked the Chevy because of the low price and lots of incentives. I must say now that i am truly regretting it, I should have spent more and bought the fit. You really do get what you pay for. This car struggles to even get to 40 mph and the 4 spd auto is just lackluster. The check engine light came out 4 times in the 20,000 miles i put on it. Dealer keeps telling me the gas cap is loose and i know i clicked it at least 3 times. Gets 24 mpg overall and that is pathetic. Interior looks and feel cheap, can't hide the fact that its a cheap car. Already lost 5 grand in value, very sad

Substandard Air conditioning

Mike Ryan, 07/23/2009
5 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I liked the car until I got into the heat of the summer. When two or more people are in the car the AC doesn't cool the car when you are doing stop and go driving. I live in Las Vegas and the car is uncomfortable in the afternoon heat. The dealership told me that that is the way it is! My gas mileage has dropped to 25 mpg. The sight lines are surprisingly poor also. The large support columns block a lot of your vision.

BUYER Beware

display3, 08/29/2011
5 2LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a 2010 Chevy Aveo based due to the fact it was made by Chevy and I wanted a reliable little vehicle that was good on gas. The vehicle rides rough and has no horsepower. It is not good on gas 27 MPH but the worst part about it is that AVEO is not made by Chevy or in the USA. My car has been in the shop for over 20 days due to the fact Chevy can not locate a compressor and can not tell me when they will be able to get the part. I am currently in a rental thanks to the warranty. I have filed a complaint. If it is this hard to get a part when it is only 1 yr old how had will it be able to fix in 2 or 3 years. I am very disapointed. I suggest pay a little more and get a reliable car.