Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

A nice package indeed
By cyrral

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to get a Key Lime green version, which they don't normally offer. It sure is an attention getter. I've been averaging 33-35mpg. Has a nice ride on the freeway, and no problem doing 80 when you need it. Great interior with plenty of leg room. CD plays mp3s, so you can have a great selection of songs on a few CDs.

Great gas mileage, easy handling, comfortable ride, spacious.

A slightly larger trunk area. Non- chrome shift-base trimming.(reflex sunlight real easy)

Love my Aveo
By efrantz

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car at the end of summer 2005. When I first saw it I thought it was very small on the outside. But once you get into the Aveo and drive it, you're suprised how much room there is. When i first drove it I was suprised with the spunk of the engine. The little thing is so fun to drive. I bought the LS sedan. I really think there should be more standard options in this Aveo. Like a better sound system, better speaker placement. I also think there needs to be more noise dampening. Road noise in this thing stinks. I will always be a Chevy fan first, but if they want to compete with Toyota and Honda I think there should be more options.

Size of the interior, size of the trunk. Seating is better than some Cobalts I drove. And fuel economy gets better with mileage.

Better sound system, improve guages like white face. Should come with a full size spare. Needs more standard options like VW

Unfortunate Lemon
By One Good Granny

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Have owned this car 3 months and front end pulls upon driving and increases pull during braking. Mechanics adjusted sub frame, replaced one wheel (manufactures defect), alignment performed. It still pulls; yet now in the opposite direction! Too unsteady for a brand new vehicle. I paid $16,400 for this vehicle. Was told sub frame misalignment normal as shipped from Korea and rough seas can pull on frame tie downs.

Small easy to move around in big city.

Chassis stability. Make it in America. Stand behind product. Dealership training in customer relations and customer satisfasction.

Satisfied customer
By Mike

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Pleasant and easy driving characterize the Aveo. Handling is agile and predicable with quick braking. Turning circles are short. The car is solid, well-built and heavy for its size. It's very economical on gas. It glues to the road well with proper tires. (Factory Kuhmos were replaced immediately after purchase.) The short nose, tall driving position, and superior forward view magnify the car's agility assets, making it easy to drive. The 1.6 L4 provides plenty of pep (4-sp auto). This car rides well, and handles well in snow. The cabin is spacious. I am 5'8", and my girl is 5'10" with very long legs. Limits: seats four only, trunk lid arms dip into trunk, lower than normal ground clearance.

Easy to drive. Handy. Rides well. Safe. Extremely well laid out interior. Eyeglass and parking pass holders are nice touches. Extremely cheap to own and operate. Quiet interior. Quality construction. Even my mechanic was impressed. Chevy translates to cheap reliable maintenance ten years from now.

Reduce intrusion of trunk lid arms into trunk space. Allow mounting of wider and larger tires. Sell moonroof package with basic automatic transmission version.

A Great Little Car!!
By Andy

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This car has to be one of the best bargains available today. All of the negative comments I read in reviews I have not found to be true on my car. This car is the best riding, most comfortable, quietest small car I have ever driven. It handles great both on rural roads and super highways. I have read about problems with standard tranny but mine shifts great in every gear all the time. Passenger room is great, even in rear seat. Cargo room is great with rear seat folded. Engine is great. Very smooth and requires less shifting than any 4 cyl I have ever driven. So far I have averaged 34 MPG! This is not a luxury car or a muscle car or a sports car, but after 5 mos and 7000 mi Im very satisfied

Looks, comfort, reliability. For $8900 off the lot, tax and title incuded it is definitely a great value. Even base am/fm stereo sounds great!

Considering the price, none.