Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used XTS for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
    Cons
    4 out of 5 stars

old guy sporty car!

mike, 12/25/2018
    2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this car,Everything about it works for me.I read how pro reviewers don't think its fast,but when I tromp on it it jumps of the line and pins you in the seat an I know its true because when I took a friend for a ride he was very impressed with the excceleration!It's a beautiful car as many people have told me.So the new styling is stunning and of course it's a caddy and is an upgrade over my other premium cars.

Frustrating Car. Nice ride but crappy electronics

Clay, 11/03/2020
    updated 11/03/2022
    2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Nice smooth ride. I have owned my for 2.5 years and 60,000 miles. The ride is nice and comfortable, but the electronics are horrible. The CUE system is junk, the backup camera works some days and not others, the backup guides keep disappearing or the screen goes blank, the Apple CarPlay works sometimes. It will be working, I'll stop for gas and when I restart the car it will no longer work..This happens frequently. The memory seats only work half of the time, and there's no rhyme or reason on when and why they don't work. at the 2 year mark the CUE screen spider-cracked...This is a known issue that Cadillac refuses to fix. They offer to replace it for $1000-1500. There are several lawsuits for this issue. There is a $120 DIY fix, but Cadillac will not do anything. The CUE system also freezes or goes completely blank on occasion. The service department has had to do two hard resets on the system to get it back to working order. My daughter's $18k Hyundai doesn't have this many issues and the radio system is 10X nicer than this Cadillac. I have never had this many issues with any car brand that I have owned. Update...I finally sold the car after 70k miles. I replaced the battery as I read that may help with some of the electrical issues...Nope. Towards the end, the glove box would constantly pop open every few seconds. It would do this 7-8 times when starting in the morning and then stop. I ended up buying a Hyundai Sonata Hybrid for my commuter car, the ride is no where as smooth as the cadillac, but the lack of other issues has been a dream. I've already put 36k miles on the hyundai with no issues.

1 out of 5 stars

Great Car

Lou, 01/15/2019
    2018 Cadillac XTS Platinum 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the second XTS that I have owned. I would not purchase another car in this price range. It is a great value and a comfortable car to own.

4 out of 5 stars

Plenty of HP, traction lacking on wet payment

Ken SF Bay Area, 11/22/2018
    2018 Cadillac XTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Very very zippy 3.6L. CUE is improved in Serveral areas. Still annoying to program. Most disturbing was the lack of traction on wet pavement. Wheels spinning all over and no traction control compared to my regular BMW 535d.

Repeated problems

Stacy S, 10/11/2019
    2018 Cadillac XTS Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Cadillac Cue system does not function properly and apparently cannot be fixed. The Cue system in this car is a second generation - I had a Cadillac XT5 previously and that Cue system utterly failed (and was known to be defective -read the message boards). On my 2018 XTS, all of my saved "favorite" channels continually disappear. The steering wheel controls will not operate to change channels because the channels are gone, though you can see a darkened outline of the them on the screen. I have rebooted, saved, and resaved channels only to have them drop off again almost immediately. I have addressed the issue with the dealer who advises this is a known software issue and the engineers are "working on it." That was months ago and I can only assume the engineers find this problem to be beneath their dignity as there is no fix in sight (I called Cadillac two weeks ago and got the same story, they are "working on it.") Most likely the engineers have turned their attention to developing a fleet of electric cars that no one wants or needs. I would suggest that if they are unable to fix a software problem in an entertainment center, this bodes ill for their ability to manufacture a reliable and safe electric car (that no one wants or needs). A second recurring problem: the passenger side air bag seat sensor continually malfunctions. an alarm starts sounding while driving when there is no passenger in the car. I had to order a new sensor which by the way took WEEKS to come in. So, for a so-called "luxury" vehicle, this one falls short. Disappointing

1 out of 5 stars