Used 2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XTS model:

Better than the MKS I had.
By Zachary Jenkins

2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded in MKS for this vehicle and I have been rewarded with a more comfortable, more stylish and more efficient vehicle that has just been easier to live with. The engines are rated similarly, but I assume the Caddy is a lighter vehicle because the acceleration is healthier and the fuel bills smaller (The engine turns 2000 rpm @ 80mph). The MKS had an elegant interior, but it was tight for everyone. The XTS also feels like an easier transition from the imports I had always driven before owning the MKS. No one will confuse this car for a Buick, as they often did with the MKS and where the MKS did give the impression of being more expensive than it was, the Caddy is sleek and high tech-sometimes a little too much so, as I feel like I am driving the Starship Enterprise at times-the technology works and works well, but somehow the MKS seemed to have a bit more soul at times. Those things not withstanding, I couldn't possibly go back to the MKS. I've only needed servicing and maintenance-no repairs even at 125,000 miles. 10 hour drives don't beat me up anymore and I just feel better since I bought it.

Cadillac's best effort!
By Richard T. Kingsley

2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It was a terrific car with no complaints in two years.

xts 2016
By john stubinger

2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

had this car since new replaced 2014 cadalliac xts premium. wish i had my 2014 back. this car has pulled to the right and left depending on the road serface, had in to dealer 5 times and continues to do same. my 8 year old gmc truck has never done that nor my corvette. but dealer cannot find problem. two weeks ago whole dash stopped working until i shut off car and them came back on. dealer reflashed some unit but could not find problem. now in the last two weeks i am having tro with anti lock brakes. in snow the front wheels lock up and you can't turn the car.you slide right by the intersection or driveway . it goes into dealer monday for i had to wait a week to get in for someone to look at it. my wife refuses to drive the car so a 72 year old pulls herself into a four wheel drive pickup to go to church. i have always had cadalliacs for a road car for travel but i don't believe i will buy another. very unhappy with this car. can't live with brakes not working sometimes.

XTS 2016 DISASTER
By Debra

2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan Premium 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second XTS Sedan. I owned the 2013 which had multiple service issues including the Cadillac Cue System and the Stabilizer System. In the end, the problem was never resolved with the computer system. On my 2016 XTS, I had a leak with the sunroof, where as the factory neglected to connect the sunroof drain. I had to have the head liner, back seat cover and electrical wiring redone as a result. The Stabilizer has also failed in is currently undergoing repair. The XTS is a beautiful looking car, if you want something to impress the neighbors while sitting in the driveway. However, if you need a reliable vehicle to drive, the XTS is not it. The car is over-priced for the VALUE - I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE LEASE TO EXPIRE - THIS IS MY LAST CADILLAC

My personal Limo!
By Dennis Spinella, Ph.D.

2016 Cadillac XTS Sedan Luxury 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, my 2016 XTS AWD Cadillac was a phenomenal purchase. It is a first class vehicle that is worth more than I paid for it. The inside is luxurious and the exterior makes the statement of pure luxury. It is a large car designed for traveling and riding, rather than a driving automobile. The XTS is not known for impeccable handling. You need to check out the CTS models if you want a sporty ride that hugs the road. This is a luxury cruiser that is quiet, comfortable, safe and has all the amenities you would need. Those that give a negative critique of the Info-tainment system have not researched the manuals. Once you experience the overall navigation system, you will find that it is a breeze...the way we felt back in the 90's about a computer. A car buyer needs to do his/her homework, for all cars are designed for particular buyers. The German automakers accentuate driving, rather than comfort and reliability. If your priority is reliability, get a Lexus or Toyota, though they are a bit "vanilla" in appearance. The Cadillac strikes a balance between driving and riding, and has the Cadillac name plate!