Used 2009 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used SRX for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Ride

t.stiefel, 08/05/2009

I have never really been a Cadillac man before. I have always liked Ford over GM, but after test driving the SRX and Volvo XC90, there was only one choice. The SRX has a better fell to it. You can take it through corners and it will not scream at you, it asks for more.

Sleek, Spacious, SRX

Daniel, 01/01/2009

My vehicle is a 2009 Cadillac SRX. It has everything you could think of. Navigation, moonroof, everything. It comes with an optional sport package, a very wise investment. It can come with a chrome mesh grille with special spoilers all over.

2009 Cadillac SRX .... last of the 1st generation!

J R Gordon, 02/08/2018
V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

If you are looking for comfortable, mid-sized+ SUV, that typically has had good care and prior ownership, I recommend the Cadillac SRX's of 2008-2009. Handling is very good, comfort is excellent, gas mileage is OK. I have a 2008 and a 2009 model. No issues with either. Cadillac announced a follow on (the XT6) last year. In 2-3 years I will probably replace the 2008 SRX with a 2-3 year old XT6.

Great Ride

Carol Johnson, 05/06/2016
V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable good looking car. SUV BODY type Cadillac is bringing back in 2O17 because of customer demand.

Excellent car

tflor, 02/25/2009

Great car. The SRX drives very sporty, handles people and things well, and tows small trailer and boats nicely. Most comfortable car I have driven. Beats the imports hands down.

Awesome and Rare Sport Edition

1treasurehunterdale, 08/29/2016
V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I just read on a Cadillac forum there was just over 500 made of the specific SRX I'm driving. I have the 2009 SRX V8 AWD Sport Package which is loaded with every option and has the 20" rims. It is also Black Cherry which is harder to find. Initially I was looking at an Escalade EXT but ended up with the SRX which I love. It handles great, looks good and is pretty comfortable. Everyone already knows the gas mileage sucks so if that is an issue this ride isn't for you. I know repair cost are not going to be cheap either, pretty ridiculous price for something as simple as a headlight. Overall I'm happy but may step up to an EXT next just for more space.

As if a car's brake lines should rot due to salt?

Frustrated in Florida, 05/16/2018
V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Lost brake pressure while driving and averted a bad accident. Dealer in Florida said that the high-pressure brake line had deteriorated ("due to salt, do you drive that car up North?") . Said it was normal for cars driven in salt. I said that our Lexus, Toyotas, Subarus, and other cars, even older and "permanently up North" didn't have these problems after 8 years... Even worse was that they'd have to remove the engine, and charge " ... at least $2500" to fix it... Very frustrating and disappointing. I decided NOT to have it fixed and to get rid of the car that day.

The 2009 Cadillac RFYL (Run For Your Life)

Frank Sillouetti, 04/25/2020
V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The next best thing up from the Cadillac SRX is to buy a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse and drive it off a cliff. This car is crap. Costs way too much for way too little. I’ve spent more in repairs than I have on the car. You can find mine at the bottom of the Atlantic.

Looking good at a price.

J fiordimondo, 03/28/2017
V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Great car expensive to run. More to fix. Overall you get what you pay for I guess.

51050