Used 2007 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

2007 Cadillac SRX
By Michelle

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

SUV is great for hauling people and items, comfortable ride but repair costs are too much. Spent more on this car than my 1999 Mercedes Benz E320.

My first used car
By william andersen

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Always bought new before but this 10 year old SRX looks and feels almost new. Nicest car I've ever owned: most comfortable and most features. The only disappointment is the ride - a little truck like on anything other than smooth pavement.
Now I know why I never had a Cadillac before: I can't afford the repairs.
Only about 115,000 miles on the car and the alternator had to be replaced. Also, the battery, because it ran down too low more than once as the alternator was failing. Then the transmission failed and had to be replaced. SO, now I'll have this car forever because it isn't worth how much I've put into it on repairs.
At least it gets better MPG than the van it replaced, and it's not our primary vehicle.
UPDATE; I've now had this car for 1 year and I'm freally pleased with it. Such a nice, comfortsble car. And it easily tows my 3000 pound boat. I use the Tow/Haul feature because it might avoid transmission damage, but it doesn't seem necessary and it increases fuel consumption by staying in lower gears longer. MOst of mt towing is less than 20 miles and mostly on flat terrain.

Great SUV
By DOUGLAS NANTZ

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

For a old car it runs pretty good me.
By Herman

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Not that great on gas, especially city, then again I brought a Cadillac, I've had this car about month now, it had 149,999 miles on it when I purchased it, my wife thought I was crazy, but I did my homework. I ran it through AutoCheck ( 25.00 ) came up clean, NO Accidents, Title check out, Odometer was true, vehicle used, and much more came back clean 91%. Ran it through Car Facts, which show the car was completely serviced 120,000 miles, which included brakes, plugs, filters all around, rear end, and all electric components, and sunroof by the dealership. As I explain to my wife we really starting off with a 30,000 miles vehicle just without the warranty, and only paid $7,000. I will still keep you posted as time goes on, and she still keep the crazy in reserve.
As everybody else we started off with the tires curse. Front driver tire had to have a Sensor replaced, driver rear tire had two slow leaks, had to have that fixed, and really that it so far. Will keep you posted.

Stay Away
By dme2

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car used, as we never buy brand new. Have owned and Eacalade ESV, Mercedes M Class, Audi A4, etc prior. Never have I had a car that I hated more than this. Poor gas mileage, slow to accelerate, oil always low, panoramic roof broke twice, lost just goes on and on. Constant mechanical issues. Took to dealer a few months ago because steering gave out. Gave me a list of things wrong including the entire power steering system. Every last bit of that was shot. Unacceptable for a car with 100K on i and a car I properly maintained. These problems added up to the tune of $6,000. That was last straw. Traded it, got nothing for it, but so happy to be rid of it. Went with a Lexus RX 350

Heated seats, power third row, panoramic roof (when it's not broken!)

Make the car last and run! This is why people stay away from American cars.