Used 1998 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Eldorado for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

My personal Time Machine

Larry, 02/27/2008
Touring 2dr Coupe

I have a Black on Black 98 ETC with the optional SunRoof. What a "looker"! She was turned on by someone that owned her on lease and surprisingly, had very low mileage. Were a couple of maintenance issues, normal for the age and miles of the car and was cared for by warranty! She has been a dream to drive and always like a step into a different dimiension. Everything about her enhances the trip from the smooth ride, comfortable seats, well thought out instruments and Boise Stereo. I always enjoy driving this lady down the highways.

Scott

SCOTT, 08/13/2008
2dr Coupe

I have had this car for about 1 1/2, and had numerous problems. I had to replace my water pump then the radiator, and now dished out 1600 to fix the head gaskets. I think they messed up with the design of this engine because every mechanic I ask almost all of them refused to work on them including the dealership. It has great horsepower and good on gas, but seems like if you have any problems you should just junk them. There too expensive to work on them, and any major work you got to drop the engine just to get to the source.

How Do I Keep My Elle Forever?

Sue, 03/10/2008
Touring 2dr Coupe

This car is the nicest car on the road. It can hit high speed (24 mpg) passing a caravan of trucks without even noticing it. The drive home was on roads closed by a winter storm. First stoplight it skidded a bit and stopped. The dashboard said, "Traction Restored." Right then I knew this car was for me! Great mileage on the road and not bad in town either. I won't be buying another Cadillac until they come up with something comparable.

Very Very Very Upset

Very Disapointed, 10/20/2005
Touring 2dr Coupe

When I first got my 1998 Cadillac Eldorado, I loved it no doubt about it. It is very classy and very comfy and the price was right. It gives a very nice ride. However after my first two years with it everything that could go wrong did. I completly replaced the cooling system in the engine I mean everything from the water pump to the radiator every hose and even the bucket the holds the coolent. It was just this great big money pit. Finally the head gasket went that was a mini fourturne to replace. The Northstar engine is the biggest joke 10 mechanics said the same thing. I'm also very upset with the way Cadilac treated me they were so rude and fought me on every problem.

The Best

MWA, 09/02/2005
2dr Coupe

Oil consumption problems with Northstar engine virtually eliminated with what is termed WOT (wide open throttle)running. It appears ironic, but works. The finest automobile that I have ever owned and offers unparalleled luxury from top to bottom. OBD II system virtually checks systems and can be manually accessed for DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes) In essence, it diagnoses its own problems. Leather interior is exquisite. Ride is just like sitting in an expensive leather recliner- in a jet airplane. Sound system-CD changer & cassette player- offer flawless entertainment. MPG 24 city / 30 highway. Beauty, power and performance like no other I have ever driven................