Used 2012 Buick Verano Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Buick Verano Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Verano model:

Worth the money!!!
By Sydney K

2012 Buick Verano Leather Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my 2012 Buick Verano almost two years ago and I love it. It's the first car I ever bought and it's made me a Buick fan for life! It has the most comfortable ride, it handles like a dream, and for a compact economy car, it's power is not bad at all. When I bought it, it had a little over 52,000 miles and I've put over 20,000 on it. Not a single issue, except for the passenger presence module has gone bad, I guess due to a known pinch in the seat. The car is pretty, inside and out, with a crystal red color on the outside, and a cashmere color on the inside. I have heated leather seats, a heated steering wheel, touch screen, blu-tooth, power seats, the dash has a beautiful blue ambiance, BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM makes music sound AMAZING, plenty of storage and space in the front seats. The back is a little tight but I never use it. The trunk is a pretty good size as well. I've used this car to move two times and it's been such a champ! I get all kinds of compliments. The best part? It holds it's value too. I love this little car!!!

worlds most underated car
By larry

2012 Buick Verano Convenience Group 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Safe, reliable, drives like a dream and really quiet. Nice options for the money and inexpensive to operate. On top of all of that it looks fantastic! I've had mine for 40,000 miles and I love this car.

Reliable, comfortable and fuel efficient little ca
By Jarod

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been extremely good to me in the little over a year that I've had it. I have put over 15,000 miles on this car. During this time I have averaged about 28-30mpg with mostly country driving and haven't had a single problem with the vehicle. On the highway from Pittsburgh to Nashville TN, I averaged 35mpg. Fantastic! Those who complain about the power must have never driven other compact offerings. In comparison, this car has a good amount of power. The only things that aren't great about the vehicle are the blind spots and the rear seat room. Great for tall people!

Love my gorgeous red verano
By Carol

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I do love this cheery, responsive stylish car! The red color with cream seats is irresistible and it is very responsive in its steering, with a sporty feel, It's actually fun to drive. The seats are a combination of leather and fabric in the basic version which I have. Gorgeous! There are couple of suggestions I'd make though if you're considering it: Take a long drive make sure seats are comfortable. I thought at first they were but he middle of the front seat which is fabric sinks down and is very hard compared to the surrounding soft leather. If I had it to do over again I'd get the all leather option. Also the gear shifting at low speeds is very noticeable, even jerky at times. The instrumentation panel is a bit confusingly laid out, at least for me, though it's gorgeous with an innovative design. The phone system is the exception & easy to use. In summary, I am still enjoying this car very much. I recommend it for those who'd like a small, fun, beautiful car with responsive handling.

Cheap compact luxury w/ lots of techs, sucky relia
By Stan

2012 Buick Verano 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Engine developed rocking at low RPM's (<1000 when in idle, sitting at the traffic light, goes away when you drive) at 70K, recently started seeing 'Reduced Power to Engine, Service Stabilitrak' warning on the dash and partial power loss. On 4-year-old car, at less than 100K engine - it's pretty pathetic to have go into shop for major diagnostics, GM.
AC went again, even though refrigerant shows pressurized to proper level. Bumper cover started falling off at the point of attachment (fixed myself), and inner insert fell of twice (had to JB weld it). This car is a cash cow for dealerships and mechanics and nightmare for a DIY owner (unless you don't mind buying it at full price at the dealership and just driving it in and getting a loaner vehicle and paying lots of $$$ every time something goes wrong).
Did I mention that even license plate indent is not shaped right? (made for European, skinny plates).
A lemon. After my reliable-as-AK 2001 Buick Verano that I only sold because of severe body panel rust issues and worn-out-to-shreads leather driver seats after 10 years of cold Michigan winters and hot summers, I am bitterly disappointed in Buick products. Probably my last Buick ever.