Used 2018 Buick Regal Sportback Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Regal Sportback for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Most impressive car we have owned

Jake, 05/18/2018
Essence 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

We have had this car for over almost 3years now and there is very little not to like. In terms of value, it seems to beat the big name imported cars hands down. It has a responsive and peppy engine. The instrumentation is logical, though somewhat understated. Mileage on the highway has been much better than expected. We averaged over 30 mpg on a recent 500+ mile trip. Driving comfort is very good. We did have some mistaken potential crash warnings from the crash avoidance systems, especially when making sharp turns at an intersections where we turn into a lane that has a large truck stopped in the turn lane of the street that we are turning into. Wish lists: The car had an automatic closing mechanism for its hatchback opening. The navigation system could be much more user friendly, like the systems offered by Tom-Tom for it's GPS units. GM should really update this as I think this could just need to be a software update. The memory system for who the driver is for seat positioning, sometimes seems to relate to whoever entered the car first, not necessarily to the driver. This could use some tweaking. Likewise with the recognition of which phone it should pair with. Again these might also be a software tweak. The most annoying thing is the key fob’s emergency alarm . It seems to go off easily with any mild pressure against anything when in one’s pocket.

This car flys under the radar

davejm, 12/23/2019
1SV 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Really pleased with this car, it deserves to sell in bigger numbers. I wanted something different from the so many Accords and Camrys on the road. So far I have driven 24,000 Km with no problems. Fuel consumption has averaged 6.1L per 100K per the readout, however I checked the last two fill ups and the car does actually use about 10% more fuel than indicated, however it is still excellent. The 4 cylinder engine provides effortless acceleration, especially on the highway. Seating is comfortable for long trips and anyone who has been in the car has commented on the smooth ride. The huge trunk is a big plus. Ride is quiet other than some tire noise on rough roads, I think that the newer Continental tires have foam inserts to minimize this. To my eyes the styling is very elegant. Overall this is probably the most enjoyable car I have owned.

Over Engineered in the Wrong Places

510man, 04/05/2019
Preferred 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I own a 2018 Buick Sportback. Overall it's a nice vehicle. Two things that are total crap. 1) They spent WAY too much R&D on the door lock system. So computer geek designed the system and is likely the only one who knows how it works. I can lock and unlock my doors myself. I'm not sure why GM thought all this auto lock stuff is helpful. They need an option to turn all the auto lock off.......but there isn't one. 2) The car needs an Auto Stop override. The fact Buick doesn't give you a button to turn this off on demand like Ford and others do is unfortunate. AC shuts off and blows hot air, which is a problem in stop and go traffic. I can workaround it by shifting into neutral before stopping but that is a hassle to override the computer . I would not have purchased the car had I known I couldn't control these two features.

Trigger's Last Car

Trigger, 07/26/2019
Preferred 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Bought a leftover new 2018 Sportback Preferred in June 2019 for $19.5K. Love the looks, acceleration, sound system quiet ride and safety features. Really enjoy driving this car. However, the transmission downshifting (not smooth) scares me from a reliability standpoint. As I enter the car, the cushioning is far from adequate. In spite of these items, I got a great deal on most likely my last car.

2018 Buick Bullet

Joe F, 08/22/2018
Essence 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

Car handles and drives like a race car.... only issue so far is with wireless charger doesn’t work with certain phones