2020 Buick Encore GX SUV Consumer Reviews

$24,100

Save as much as $4,754
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Impressive

Garry P., 08/23/2020
Select 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

After a multitude of trials I opted for the Buick Encore GX Select and have no regrets. Excellent comfortable ride, 1.3 liter Turbo with the 9 speed automatic transmission is ample power and smoothness. All needed options are included, great infotainment system, lots of room and cabin storage space. Ample cargo space for everyday and travel use. The hidden under cargo platform where the spare tire is located is very useful.

Great little SUV

Dean Whipple, 11/10/2020
Select 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

I purchased my Encore GX to travel 62 miles each way back and forth to work. I needed a vehicle that got good gas mileage and had the option of AWD due to the snow the area receives in the winter. So far I have put over 6k on it and other then hitting a bear the SUV has been great. Even hitting the bear the Encore GX did its job. I was hesitant at first purchasing a 3 cylinder engine. It has not been an issue. It has plenty of acceleration. I am avg. 29 mpg with the Encore GX. If you plan on traveling with 4 adults, the back seat is tight. However if you are looking for a great small SUV, take a serious look at the Buick Encore GX.

Some Reviews Don’t Seem Authentic

Zolman, 12/05/2020
Essence 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

My wife’s favorite, ever car. Has all the luxuries of high dollar compact SUVs without the sticker price. And with rebates it has the price of the lower level compact SUV. Some of the negative reviews do not reflect our experience. Honestly they don’t even seem factual. We bought new and now have 8,600 miles on it with NO issues. We have friends with same vehicle with no issues that agree with our positive review. Seems like competing brand salesmen are writing reviews and are not real owners. Some of the negative reviews are way out of the reality of the experience that we have had as owners. And the pro reviewers complain about engine pickup and vibrations. Our Encore GX has as much merging traffic capacity as the luxury SUVs, much better MPG with no discernible vibration when stopped or driving. We just completed a 700 mile road trip and got 38 MPG. Which is better then the predicted. Granted we drove at the speed limit.

Ad
Build Your Encore GX
At a Glance:
  • 9 Colors
  • 3 Trims
  • $24,100starting MSRP
See pricing and options on your next Buick
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. Some colors are extra cost. See dealer for details.

Love it!

Hawkeye, 10/12/2020
Essence 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

I am coming from a 2.4 liter Equinox, and the Encore GX is much peppier and gets about 5 mpg better. It is very comfortable and quiet. There's a little growl from the engine when you really get on it, but I wouldn't consider it intrusive. It is also roomier than it would seem to be based on the small exterior, but it is a little smaller than the Equinox.

My first time owning a small CUV

Local Resident, 02/28/2021
Select 4dr SUV AWD (1.3L 3cyl Turbo 9A)

I bought mine in Sept 2020 with some discounts and a trade-in, got it for a great price. I was worried at first, my first time with a compact anything, but so far I like it. I worry about the auto-stop, wondering what will happen if it doesn't crank back up one day, but I am a worrier by nature. I'm getting 32 MPG with mixed city/hwy trips, which is awesome. It has 4000 miles on it and so far, no complaints. I'm not sorry I bought it!