2018 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Not a van but plenty of room for moving
By Maurice Lab

2018 Buick Enclave Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

This replaced a 2005 Buick Terazza minivan that had 198765 miles on it. Being we are moving to the mountains of North Carolina, was not sure how many more of the 6 to 8% mountain grades the Terazza was going to be able to take. Purchased the Enclave new and have currently made 2 trips back and forth to the mountains, each time filling the cargo area full. While on the flatland from Illinois to Kentucky, kept it in FWD and upon hitting the mountains, put it into AWD and turn on towing mode. This works great for keeping the brakes from over heating when going down an 8% mountain grade. Last trip, which we just completed, averaged out to 27.5 MPG, for full trip. High we achieved was 34.9 MPG, while basically coasting down the mountains with towing mode on. Only issue currently, is I've noticed what seems to be transmission slippage between some of the gears.

AC issue
By toyota420yrs

2018 Buick Enclave Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

This review would have been perfect except for a recent problem with my 8 month old (2018) Enclave Avenir with just over 8100 miles. The problem is the rear evaporator developed a leak leaving me with no AC for a weekend and 3 days to find and fix the problem with the dealer only supplying a loaner for the last day. The good thing is its still under warranty and not costing me anything except time and aggravation (and Uber to get home from the dealer since they didn't have a loaner for me). This is my 1st American car in over 20 yrs and I bought it due to the increasing reputation of American made cars and Buick in particular. I am beginning to think I made a mistake since my car is only 8 months old and I am already having a problem. I am still optimistic and hopeful that this is not the norm and it will be my last problem for a while. Otherwise, I have to admit, I love the car and hope this repair issue is only a fluke and not what I should be expecting in the future.

A couple minor things Buick missed
By Bob Janik

2018 Buick Enclave Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

We leased a the Buick Avenir about a month ago and there are a few things that Buick missed.

1. Rain sensing wipers. On a 60K car, you’d think this would be available but it’s not even offered.
I have them on my 2017 Dodge Durango Citadel
and it’s a great convenience.

2. Pre sets for driver power seats. Most cars have a button 1 and button 2 and the Enclave does. Issue is, you can’t just press the button like most cars, but you have to hold the button down until the seats gets to your programmed position. My wife is 5’-4” and I’m 6’-2” so it takes 15-20 seconds of me standing and holding the button until my seats go back to their pre set position

3. Driver seat is too narrow. I read a couple reviews that complained about it and I have to agree. If you’re over 200 pounds, it will be tight.

Disappointed
By Peter

2018 Buick Enclave Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Now after having the Enclave for a month Ive found some things that are very disappointing and some where I think I was mislead and some because I didnt dig deep enough. First, no auto sensing wind shield wipers as rain on and off on a road trip and very annoying to have to turn them on and off. My Lincoln and Acura had these as standard which I would expect on a car costing over 60,000. On this recent trip I found it necessary to call Onstar with questions on some of the things I didn’t understand and found they were totally knowledgeable as multiple times they put me on hold or transferred me to advisers who had to go to the manual to answer my question. Now, the biggie and the reason I would never have bought this care is the Nav and Info system. They pride themselves on having blue tooth connection in the car and was told you could connect 10 devices. A call to Onstar took that down to 5 so another misleading statement. So whats the most important device I want connected to the blue tooth, my cell phone of course. Now I understand you can only use one device at a time, however, if you're cruising along at 75 mph on the highway and you are listening or using another device other than the phone and you get a call it will not be answer through the cars system meaning you have to physically answer the phone which is not only dangerous but against the law here in Ca. Must say I had a Lincoln MDX and an Acura MKX and both paused the device being used and the call transferred to the car. Buick has been most unhelpful here. Thus connecting 5 or 10 devices through Bluetooth on your car real is useless and switching between one or the other is extremely difficult. Their answer is, if your using a Kindle or Ipad is to hard connect it through the head phone connection in the car meaning that all that wireless connectivity that they advertise is a bit of BS meaning you now have to deal with a hard wire. Buicks answer to this is put all the info you might use on your cell phone. Yes I was told that to my by one of the Onstar adviser. Really! again meaning they admit the 10 devices I was originally told I could connect would be useless as moving from one to another is so difficult or impossible that is would be dangerous which is the whole reason for the wireless connection which is safety. As many might agree there is a lot in all the new car manuals that you must learn which is why Onstar is important but as I found Onstar advisers a bit useless as they are not not trained very well mean I might as well pull of the road and go to the manual. Bottom line safety is what I want in a car and the connection to my cell phone is the most important device which I believe should always be active. Not so with Buick again as noted above. Very disappointed as I decided to try again to support an American manufacturer."

AWD Premium is the best choice compared to XT5
By Pat K.

2018 Buick Enclave Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Originally went in for a test drive of the Cadillac XT5 and found the ride stiff and comfort was harsh for long distance drives - like a BMW 3 series / X1 feel. Then next to it was an Enclave 1SN AWD which was great because it had most of the luxury features from the Cadillac in this great 3 row CUV and priced $10,000 less. AWD is a must as I drive around curvy roads and snowy conditions. This may be my next vehicle! Loved the easy entry/exit feature which helps get older / back injured folks in/out of the car with ease by lowering the seats and pulling them back each time you park the car and then remains that way when you get back in. Seats would then raise and pull you forward to the steering wheel when you start the engine! Because this car is so similar to the XT5 without the price tag - it's a sure winner for a luxury CUV.