2018 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Disappointed
By Peter

2018 Buick Enclave Avenir 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Now after having the Enclave for a month Ive found some things that are very disappointing and some where I think I was mislead and some because I didnt dig deep enough. First, no auto sensing wind shield wipers as rain on and off on a road trip and very annoying to have to turn them on and off. My Lincoln and Acura had these as standard which I would expect on a car costing over 60,000. On this recent trip I found it necessary to call Onstar with questions on some of the things I didn’t understand and found they were totally knowledgeable as multiple times they put me on hold or transferred me to advisers who had to go to the manual to answer my question. Now, the biggie and the reason I would never have bought this care is the Nav and Info system. They pride themselves on having blue tooth connection in the car and was told you could connect 10 devices. A call to Onstar took that down to 5 so another misleading statement. So whats the most important device I want connected to the blue tooth, my cell phone of course. Now I understand you can only use one device at a time, however, if you're cruising along at 75 mph on the highway and you are listening or using another device other than the phone and you get a call it will not be answer through the cars system meaning you have to physically answer the phone which is not only dangerous but against the law here in Ca. Must say I had a Lincoln MDX and an Acura MKX and both paused the device being used and the call transferred to the car. Buick has been most unhelpful here. Thus connecting 5 or 10 devices through Bluetooth on your car real is useless and switching between one or the other is extremely difficult. Their answer is, if your using a Kindle or Ipad is to hard connect it through the head phone connection in the car meaning that all that wireless connectivity that they advertise is a bit of BS meaning you now have to deal with a hard wire. Buicks answer to this is put all the info you might use on your cell phone. Yes I was told that to my by one of the Onstar adviser. Really! again meaning they admit the 10 devices I was originally told I could connect would be useless as moving from one to another is so difficult or impossible that is would be dangerous which is the whole reason for the wireless connection which is safety. As many might agree there is a lot in all the new car manuals that you must learn which is why Onstar is important but as I found Onstar advisers a bit useless as they are not not trained very well mean I might as well pull of the road and go to the manual. Bottom line safety is what I want in a car and the connection to my cell phone is the most important device which I believe should always be active. Not so with Buick again as noted above. Very disappointed as I decided to try again to support an American manufacturer."

AWD Premium is the best choice compared to XT5
By Pat K.

2018 Buick Enclave Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Originally went in for a test drive of the Cadillac XT5 and found the ride stiff and comfort was harsh for long distance drives - like a BMW 3 series / X1 feel. Then next to it was an Enclave 1SN AWD which was great because it had most of the luxury features from the Cadillac in this great 3 row CUV and priced $10,000 less. AWD is a must as I drive around curvy roads and snowy conditions. This may be my next vehicle! Loved the easy entry/exit feature which helps get older / back injured folks in/out of the car with ease by lowering the seats and pulling them back each time you park the car and then remains that way when you get back in. Seats would then raise and pull you forward to the steering wheel when you start the engine! Because this car is so similar to the XT5 without the price tag - it's a sure winner for a luxury CUV.

Not what I expected
By Earl

2018 Buick Enclave Avenir 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

The interior design as far as plug ins ,storage, compartments are non existent....I was very surprised with lack of quality as far as carpets and finish.....

New Buick
By Berna

2018 Buick Enclave Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Love the car but adaptive cruise control was not available on the premium model and i would have preferred that feature.

A must test drive.....
By John Wright

2018 Buick Enclave Essence 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Each person has their own personality and style and so do vehicles. You must match your personality to the vehicle to truly love your car. So why do I rate the 2018 Buick Enclave Essence a must test drive? As a disabled Veteran who (let's face it) hurts everywhere all the time, I find the Buick Enclave to be the most comfortable and luxurious of the SUV's. The seats envelop you and hug you like the warm embrace of a mother to her child. No exaggeration. When I open the door either front or back (except third row) I can slide into my seat without having to contort my body just to get in. In the third row once you fold the middle seat up you can get right in and the back seats are just as comfortable and roomy. It drives like a luxury vehicle should with little to almost no road noise. My advice is to ask the dealer to take it with you when looking at other vehicles to compare. When you test drive one get back into the Buick and drive it again. You will see what I am talking about. One draw back.....seatbelts in middle seat tend to not let you lean forward to adjust middle climate controls when moving. Oh...Get middle captain seats.