Used 2016 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Where does my oil go and what are these noises???
By JW

2016 Buick Enclave Convenience Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The engine is using / losing oil. I have approximately 50,000 miles on the vehicle. At 46,000 my "low oil" light came on. Sure enough - the oil barely registered on the dipstick. The dealership told me that I need to have my oil changed more often, even though I have it changed religiously and have NEVER been overdue. They also told me that the owner's manual instructs that customers must check the oil at every fuel fill up. (Shifting the blame to me?) Here I am - 3000 miles later - and about to take a road trip. I checked my oil and it barely registers on the dip stick. Apparently I am driving a $40,000 vehicle that has an engine that burns oil. There are no oil leaks on my garage floor, so it must be going somewhere. We will be taking my daughter's 2009 Pontiac on our road trip because I feel safer with us going far from home in that. There is also a LOUD bang in the back floor. I have taken it in and they "can't find it". The repair tech could hear the noise when I called in to schedule the repair using Blue Tooth - it's that loud! How can they not find metal banging together. A waste of money. I recommend purchasing a different vehicle.

needs updated
By Larry Adams

2016 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like the vehicle over all, but the seats are uncomfortable, the leather is nice but, they need to add some cushion in them, instead of sitting in the seat we are sitting on them. My 2017 Ford F150 XLT has better interior, the seats are for more comfortable to sit in, not on them.

1000+ miles across the Northeast
By Steve H

2016 Buick Enclave Premium Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned two Dodge Durangos (first a 2012 V6 model, now a 2015 RT Hemi) and found myself spending a week with the Enclave during a work trip. High points of the Enclave are generously sized cargo and seating areas, smooth freeway sailing, and overall comfort. The cargo area seems to be quite a bit larger than my Durango. However once you get off the interstate and onto the twisties, the Enclave shows it's weak spots. In my rental with 20,000 miles, the transmission hunts for gears, is slow to respond, and can be clunky as it tries to keep up. Switching to low for engine braking on steep downgrades is not terribly effective in this vehicle, nor is it smooth. Low speed cornering is controlled and predictable, but at moderate or greater speeds there is quite a bit of body roll. Getting into technology - the audio system (this one did not have Nav) was not intuitive. I'm sure you get used to it as you own it, but the system of menus and sub menus seemed oddly organized. Dodge/Chrysler is miles ahead with the UConnect system, and I would also rate this well behind the system in Toyotas that I have rented. THe interior material quality also is not what I expect for the price range. Granted, rentals do get abused, but the high gloss console surfaces appear to be easily scratched, and the dull black plastic center stacks look cheap. Lastly, there were a number of odd noises that I would not expect from a new vehicle with this mileage. Creaks and groans from the suspension were noticeable over the rough roads of New Jersey. To anyone considering one of these, I urge you to check out the competition closely, especially the Durango (I feel that the Durango handling is worlds beyond the Buick, and with the V8, so is the power). You can do better than the Enclave for the money.

I went out looking at all 7 seat SUV
By David McDowell

2016 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove every 7 seated SUV and really found a couple that I would purchase. I like how the Dodge Durango and Honda Polite drove. I had basically narrowed my choice to those two SUV until I test drove this SUV. This one blew the other two away on how it hugged the road and how quiet it was. The spacious room in the back and the ease of getting in and out of the second and third row was a selling point as well. The interior did not have all the bells and whistles that the other two had but the comfort and safety I felt in this SUV made my decision easy.....I highly recommend this SUV above all. Update: I have had this SUV since August (now April, 2017) and have nothing but great things to say about the vehicle. It rides great and is very reliable. I wish it has gotten better mileage but it gets about 18 mpg. I have not been to happy with the On star and Free Radio both are expensive once the three months free trial is over. Both are nice but very costly.

Love our Enclaves
By Jon McSparron

2016 Buick Enclave Premium Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 3rd Enclave and they each get better. Love the seating, and storage. Wife hauls a lot of items when doing Prison Ministry work and she can still get 4 people into very comfortably . I like the vehicle for over all appearance, and variability. Good vehicle for us as we haul grand kids around and three car sets with 4 grand kids is not a problem. The entertainment system is great when traveling any distance with them as they can watch DVD's and not bother us in the front seat. Only hang up I have ever had is getting at the spare tire. Would not want to do that when the back is full of groceries or luggage as access to the lowering nut in under the storage bin at the rear of the vehicle.