Used 2016 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

busted
By james robison

2016 Buick Enclave Premium Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Owned a 2011 Enclave and the engine blew a piston through the oil pan at 14000 miles. Bought a 2016 Enclave and the transmission went completely out with 41K miles. These cars are not well made and I do not recommend.

SAFE IN A TANK
By Jamesey

2016 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

That's just about it. ALL SUV.

Where does my oil go and what are these noises???
By JW

2016 Buick Enclave Convenience Group 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The engine is using / losing oil. I have approximately 50,000 miles on the vehicle. At 46,000 my "low oil" light came on. Sure enough - the oil barely registered on the dipstick. The dealership told me that I need to have my oil changed more often, even though I have it changed religiously and have NEVER been overdue. They also told me that the owner's manual instructs that customers must check the oil at every fuel fill up. (Shifting the blame to me?) Here I am - 3000 miles later - and about to take a road trip. I checked my oil and it barely registers on the dip stick. Apparently I am driving a $40,000 vehicle that has an engine that burns oil. There are no oil leaks on my garage floor, so it must be going somewhere. We will be taking my daughter's 2009 Pontiac on our road trip because I feel safer with us going far from home in that. There is also a LOUD bang in the back floor. I have taken it in and they "can't find it". The repair tech could hear the noise when I called in to schedule the repair using Blue Tooth - it's that loud! How can they not find metal banging together. A waste of money. I recommend purchasing a different vehicle.

needs updated
By Larry Adams

2016 Buick Enclave Leather Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I like the vehicle over all, but the seats are uncomfortable, the leather is nice but, they need to add some cushion in them, instead of sitting in the seat we are sitting on them. My 2017 Ford F150 XLT has better interior, the seats are for more comfortable to sit in, not on them.

1000+ miles across the Northeast
By Steve H

2016 Buick Enclave Premium Group 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned two Dodge Durangos (first a 2012 V6 model, now a 2015 RT Hemi) and found myself spending a week with the Enclave during a work trip. High points of the Enclave are generously sized cargo and seating areas, smooth freeway sailing, and overall comfort. The cargo area seems to be quite a bit larger than my Durango. However once you get off the interstate and onto the twisties, the Enclave shows it's weak spots. In my rental with 20,000 miles, the transmission hunts for gears, is slow to respond, and can be clunky as it tries to keep up. Switching to low for engine braking on steep downgrades is not terribly effective in this vehicle, nor is it smooth. Low speed cornering is controlled and predictable, but at moderate or greater speeds there is quite a bit of body roll. Getting into technology - the audio system (this one did not have Nav) was not intuitive. I'm sure you get used to it as you own it, but the system of menus and sub menus seemed oddly organized. Dodge/Chrysler is miles ahead with the UConnect system, and I would also rate this well behind the system in Toyotas that I have rented. THe interior material quality also is not what I expect for the price range. Granted, rentals do get abused, but the high gloss console surfaces appear to be easily scratched, and the dull black plastic center stacks look cheap. Lastly, there were a number of odd noises that I would not expect from a new vehicle with this mileage. Creaks and groans from the suspension were noticeable over the rough roads of New Jersey. To anyone considering one of these, I urge you to check out the competition closely, especially the Durango (I feel that the Durango handling is worlds beyond the Buick, and with the V8, so is the power). You can do better than the Enclave for the money.