Used 2010 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

It's a Lemon
By Jessica

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my care used at 55,000 miles. Thought I was paying for a high end quality reliability vehicle. The air conditioning hasn't worked in years will cost $1200 to repair and no warranty on dealership work! The timing chain had to be replaced at 100k miles, which GM is aware that 2008-2010 models have reportedly known issues and they won't recall it, $2400 repair cost. My rear arm bars replaced one side replaced twice, and all the recalls, around $500 repairs. My power steering leaks and is an estimated $800 to fix 😳. Issues not starting at 115k miles has power, but won't turn over. Water pump replaced tha was covered at dealership, rear lift kit, and a few other small items where recalled. Very disappointed in GM, I won't be buying another one in my lifetime!

2010 Buick Enclave Don't Buy
By Wayne

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buick has a known problem with timing chains on these vehicles and is refusing to do anything about it. $3K in repairs every time they fail

Will never by General Motors Again!!
By Lucinda

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my car about a year and a half, few months ago my power steering has been causing issues. Just recently my check engine light came on and it threw a generic code of P0008, well that is a code for my timing chain. This is a well known issue with GM but they refuse to do anything about it for their customers. Now it will cost me up to $4000.00 to fix it myself. I am furious, yes the car is nice, drives nice but not happy that this is a problem they inquired when making this car, it is not something I have done. I am currently having my power steering replaced for free because they found that it was a safety issue. Guess I don't quiet understand how the timing chain is not a safety issue when it is know by them that it heats up and stretches, the could break over time and cause catastrophic engine failure, I have heard some stories of this happening as people were driving down the road and car just stops running and no time to get off the road, how the heck is that not a safety issue. I really was going to purchase another one when I paid this one of more but I am no longer going to even consider look at anything made by GENERAL MOTORS!

Great Looking Car, but quality lacking
By Cynthia Longo

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Many issues with transmission, steering, and AC unit. Multiple times in for repairs, some covered, some not. Transmission issue was major concern on 2007-2009 models so much that GM increased the length of the warranty for those years. GM did not make a major design change for 2010, but no extended warranty.

Worst vehicle I have ever owned
By Darlene

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As I am driving the down the road the car goes into neutral, engine rev's and RPM's go way up. Lasts for 30 sec or so. It has done it at 25mph up to 75mph, scary as hell. 2nd issue, car will jerk, check engine light comes on, things flash on the dash i.e. service stabilitrac, park assist off, traction control off and then it won't shift gears and I have to stop and shut the car off. Check engine light will say on for a day or two. It has given me nothing but problems. After spending $4000 in a year the dealer, after having it for 7 weeks, found a connector with 9 wires going into it that was fried, surprised the vehicle didn't catch on fire. They had to seperate it into 2 connector. GM would not acknowledge it was a design issue and it was my problem. I got rid of that dangerous piece of junk and bought a Ford, would never buy another GM product.