Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...55

Pros
Cons

Never Buy GM Again

mgarner1234, 09/05/2014
CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2008 Enclave less than a month ago. Brought it in for a slight humming noise at low speed. After "evaluation" they wanted over $2000.00 to "fix" everything. Owned a Toyota that had over 216000 miles and never had to put $2000 in to "fix" it. The Buick has less than 60000 miles. Called and spoke to the service manager at McKinney Buick as they wanted 50% more than a standard repair shop and they will not budge on their over priced repairs. Then they wanted us to pay for a loaner car for the week it took them to diagnose the problems. Any other shop could diagnose and fix in 1-2 days. I have always owned Toyota's and know I remember why. If you value $$$ stay away from GM/Buick.

Buyer Beware, Extremely Unhappy Customer…

smithe2, 04/10/2013
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am joining this discussion, as we are also having an issue with our 2008 Buick Enclave. We need a new transmission. We have a 3/5/R wave plate fracture. It appears that this is a very common issue with the 2008 Buick Enclave, yet GM does not see a need to do a recall. I see unsatisfied Enclave consumers, on these forums, that are having issues with their transmission. We brought it to the service department, expecting it was still under warranty. To our surprise it was not, due to the in service date of the vehicle. Due to this date, we had missed the warranty coverage by six months. The service department quoted us $4900 to replace the transmission. We had a friend recommend calling GM direct and see if they had any cost assistance they could offer, let our frustration continue. I would like to cover the pain in detail, but there is not enough time. Basically after countless phone calls and two and half weeks later, I was told that they would not offer any help and per our case rep 70,000 miles for a vehicle, was a lot of miles. Imagine my shock that you could by a $50,000 vehicle and only expect to get 70,000 miles out of it. The woman who handled my case was rude and even suggested that maybe I should have bought a different brand vehicle. I did not expect GM to absorb the full cost, but I was hoping they would split the cost of the repair. I have owned GM vehicles for over ten years and after this experience, I am not sure I will ever buy or recommend another GM product. Any thoughts or help out there, I am open to suggestions.

Never buy this vehicle

Chris Bauer, 10/11/2018
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My buick hit 50,000 miles I had to replace the transmission which is still having issues. Now it's 60,000 miles I have had to replace the navigation struts shocks brakes rotors and now the battery isn't charging. This vehicle is a giant Money Pit parts are expensive and there seem to be issues non-stop as soon as these hit 50,000 miles. GMC is absolutely no help with warranties or anything else I will never own another GMC.

Nice Car, But One BIG Issue People Need To Know About

falconeddy, 07/28/2012
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There is a part in the transmission known as the 3-5-R clutch wave plate, or just the 'wave plate'. It has been discussed in depth on many forums for those of us that own an earlier GM, Lambda-designed based vehicle. Outlook, Acadia, Enclave, Traverse; not all model years are affected. The wave plate has an exceptionally high rate of failure, and we've speculated the possibly of reverse installation (it's a large toothed ring). They're covered under warranty up until 100,000 miles or 5 years. After that, you get to pay the $3000.00 (or more) bill yourself. So far, GM has refused to acknowledge the problem, but we're still trying to get them to do something about it. BEWARE OF THIS ISSUE!!!

Liked The Enclave Until Transmission Failed

meycro, 11/29/2013
CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Enclave recently required a new transmission. This after only 70,000 miles and several other expensive repairs. Until recently when people would ask me how I liked it I responded, 'I like the way it drives but it's expensive to keep running. Now that the transmission failed, costing over $5,000 installed, I tell everyone this will be that last GM vehicle I will own. I will probably go back to a foreign made brand. It's a shame.

12345...55