Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...55

Pros
Cons

Never again

T, 02/01/2016
CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car used. According to car fax it was maintained. Worst car I've ever owned. I have one problem after another. As soon as one thing is fixed another goes bad. I'm exhausted worrying about this car. It depresses me. After this experience I wouldn't even recommend a new one. I wish I could just get rid of it. DO NOT BUY ONE.

Honeymoon is over. Still working on the marriage

grnmama, 03/22/2013
CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2008 Enclave CLX new. Have since had warranty replacement/repair of GPS (twice), water pump, sunroof leak, and various small things. Many interior trim pieces broke, were glued on in service, only to fall off later. When the warranty was up we started to have steering problems. Found out it was the rack and pinion steering failing at 75,000 miles, a known design flaw for this platform. I have tried to contact our service rep at the dealership and have not had a return call twice. Had it repaired elsewhere. Too bad this didn't happen before we bought the 2013 Buick LaCrosse 3 months ago!!! Would like a GM representative to contact us.

Aging Enclave

usabill, 03/12/2012
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the car now for 4 years with less than 40,000 miles and have run into a few snags - all covered by warranty. 1. Both retractable mirrors stopped working. 2. Battery went dead warranty covered replacement. 3. The vehicle one day left me dead in a parking lot and would not jump start. Both ONStar, & car phone wouldn't work but other electrical did. It had to be towed to dealer they stated anti-theft system locked up and "only" dealer could reset. This is a worry if I had been out camping in remote location. 4. GPS NAV system disk error - had to replace entire radio system. 5. Water pump failed - had to pull off road and call for tow.

2008 Buick Enclave CXL is a Nightmare!

Jason R. Grob, 02/19/2018
CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We first started having problems with our car at 6,899 miles, and it continued to get worse. We have a water leak from the sunroof that started at 17,918 miles and is still leaking today at 189,000 miles. The water leak caused a short in the Airbag system. My daughter was rear ended at 50 + miles per hour and our Airbags did not deploy. She was injured and is now using crutches. My wife was almost killed on the highway, doing 60 MPH when the Throttle body froze due to moisture in the cold air intake. She was forced down to 25 miles per hour with a Semi tractor trailer behind her. 46,255 Left front Stabilizer link loose, 56,252 Brake and Stabi-trak light on, 56,453 Poor connection to level sensor, 95,581 A/C inoperable, 96,808 A/C inoperable again, Recall for Heated Washer solvent-Disabled, 105,462 Sunroof leak, 110,504 Service Airbags light on! Code B0021- Removed and replaced both airbag sensors, 124,795 A/C inoperable again, 128,683 A/C inoperable again, 129,216 A/C inoperable again, 153,414 Check engine light on! Throttle body Freeze oil and moisture in tube between throttle body and air cleaner housing-Cleaned out duct. and many more....DO NOT BUY GM PRODUCTS, your life may depend on it!

Don't Walk Away... RUN

dblanchf, 02/26/2014
CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new in 2008. Thank God it came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty because we used it. Tires wore quickly even with Michellins and averaged about $1300.00 to replace. Brakes and rotors needed to be replaced and that was just under $1000. I thought that was outrageous until I've heard of people paying more than that for brakes! To top it all off, transmission failed on the freeway at 73,000 going up north with NO warning. Luckily it was covered by warranty, but even the technician said to get rid of it as soon as the warranty expires. I am a believer in the saying "you get what you pay for." Not with this car. Save yourself the hassle, stress, and money.

12345...55