Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

Used Enclave for Sale
Select your model:
12345...55

Pros
Cons

Terrible buy for a senior grandmother

unhappy grandmother, 08/16/2018
CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

don't buy unless you have a lot of money to put into a used car, I have put a transmission into this car and still have problems with it. I purchased it because of the room and I picked up my grandchildren after school but now I am afraid to pick them up because the car is so unreliable.

Buick Enclave 2008 is a must return

PforPaul, 08/31/2018
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 3.6V engine 1st series Buick Enclave/Lacrosse is not worth the time or money. This car looks great and handles great unlit you pull it off the lot. After about 6 months of having the car the traction control light came on in the vehicles dash board. I'm thinking this would be an easy fix but it wasn't, come to find out that this code was for the removal/replacement of the timing chain in the car. A 4,500 job at the Buick Dealership. Okay in my head I'm thinking just bought this car out right and for a pretty good price so I fixed the car. About 8 months later the the transmission went out and this was not my fault because I take care of my cars. I also have a 87 Jeep Chrokee that is still kicking till this day. The job was about 2,100 for the rebuild on the transmission. Drove the car appropriately 1yr after the transmission repair and the traction control light came back on. Took the car to the Dealership and come to find out it's the timing chain again and this time because I'm outside of the warranty the charge would be about 4,500 again. The engine and the transmission in this car has a hard time communicating...and it's in the same vehicle. This car is trash if you're thinking of getting 2008-2016 DON'T GET IT. Get a more reliable care for your family. The 3.6V is better now but it still sucks. I'm not sure why GMC has not did a recall on these cars or some type of Buy Back Program to purchase a new or different car. Moral of the story: this car will drain your pockets and is very time consuming and not worth the hassle. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you like wasting money.

BAD TRANSMISSION!!!!

msgoodie, 04/10/2013
CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buyer Beware! I absolutely love the design of the vehicle. It's perfect for my family. As previous posts mention, the wave plate is a problem. The service engine light kept coming on and it kept losing power. I had to keep bringing it in and they said it was fixed and wouldn't have the problem again. Unfortunately, the problem persisted and after having my transmission rebuilt at only 48,000 miles, I just had it rebuilt again at 56,000 miles. Crazy right!! Unfortunately, I'm now out of warranty. I have to figure out how to get rid of this vehicle that has a carfax report with multiple transmission issues.

Love my Enclave!

Matt, 10/21/2015
CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In June 2014, I purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL at around 80,000 miles. It has been a great car. I got it in great condition. Right now it is at around 115,000, and I've only had to replace the spark plugs(due at around 100,000 miles, but got extra out of them), brake pads, and headlamp bulbs. This car was a great buy!

Not my luck

Dorathy, 11/10/2015
CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Enclave in Apr 2008, I have only 44,500 miles always to it to the dealership for any maintenace to include oil changes. I have to tell you the car is a money pit. I have had 2 recalls on bought the extended warranty. In the last 12 months I have spent $2500. Last December I had it checked out and they flushed and replaced the brake fluid. Front end alignment. So now I took it in for a check for a road trip. Well I found out the master cylinder and booster on the brakes needed to be replaced. The rack and pinion steering had to be replaced, also the the timing chain cover was leaking oil into the engine and needs the gasket to be replaced, front struts and mounts need replacing and the navigation system isn't working and to fix I would have to replace the entire radio system. I needed a front end alignment after they replaced the rack and pinion, another $90. The buttons to turn the fan up or down turned green after the black peeled off. The car has never been in an accident and kept it serviced and at 44,500 kept in the garage, it falls apart. The air conditioning drain hose and the roof drain hoses all need flushing due to blockage. I will never by a Buick again. The repairs costs as much as the resale value.

12345...55