Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 271 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Never buy this vehicle
By Chris Bauer

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My buick hit 50,000 miles I had to replace the transmission which is still having issues. Now it's 60,000 miles I have had to replace the navigation struts shocks brakes rotors and now the battery isn't charging. This vehicle is a giant Money Pit parts are expensive and there seem to be issues non-stop as soon as these hit 50,000 miles. GMC is absolutely no help with warranties or anything else I will never own another GMC.

Lot's of Repairs Needed
By DK

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle a long time. Bought it new in 2008 and still have it. It has a nice ride and decent features, although it predates most of the new safety features cars have these days. I have had to sink more money into it than I think I should have, but since I owned it, I figured that was better than having to buy a new vehicle. Over the past few years I've had issues with the water pump, air conditioning, navigation system, airbag system, electrical system in general, emission systems, and, oh yeah, I had to replace the transmission. It's always had pretty bad fuel mileage, but lately it's even worse.

Keep on having problems with transmission
By Frank Arvonio

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This model (2008 Buick Enclave CXL AWD) has had constant trouble with the transmission's , it is evident on the internet through reviews!

Buick Enclave 2008 is a must return
By PforPaul

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 3.6V engine 1st series Buick Enclave/Lacrosse is not worth the time or money. This car looks great and handles great unlit you pull it off the lot. After about 6 months of having the car the traction control light came on in the vehicles dash board. I'm thinking this would be an easy fix but it wasn't, come to find out that this code was for the removal/replacement of the timing chain in the car. A 4,500 job at the Buick Dealership. Okay in my head I'm thinking just bought this car out right and for a pretty good price so I fixed the car. About 8 months later the the transmission went out and this was not my fault because I take care of my cars. I also have a 87 Jeep Chrokee that is still kicking till this day. The job was about 2,100 for the rebuild on the transmission. Drove the car appropriately 1yr after the transmission repair and the traction control light came back on. Took the car to the Dealership and come to find out it's the timing chain again and this time because I'm outside of the warranty the charge would be about 4,500 again. The engine and the transmission in this car has a hard time communicating...and it's in the same vehicle. This car is trash if you're thinking of getting 2008-2016 DON'T GET IT. Get a more reliable care for your family. The 3.6V is better now but it still sucks. I'm not sure why GMC has not did a recall on these cars or some type of Buy Back Program to purchase a new or different car. Moral of the story: this car will drain your pockets and is very time consuming and not worth the hassle. BUY SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!! Unless you like wasting money.

Terrible buy for a senior grandmother
By unhappy grandmother

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

don't buy unless you have a lot of money to put into a used car, I have put a transmission into this car and still have problems with it. I purchased it because of the room and I picked up my grandchildren after school but now I am afraid to pick them up because the car is so unreliable.