Used 2004 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews

Standard 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (29 reviews )

Love this car
By D Quigley

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it back from the insurance company (of the person who hit me while my car was stationary) when they wanted to total it due to age and mileage. BUT mechanically this car is superb! That's why I bought it back to have repaired myself and get it back to providing me dependable transportation.

Indestructible tank
By Mike

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I needed a cheap car a few years ago and put a lot of miles on vehicles. Love my Lexus but not going to put 30 or 40 k a year on it. So bought a 2004 with 40k and dry rotted tires, put new tires on the beast and drove it for 6 yrs, a couple of minor repairs and regular tires and maintenance for another 220,000 miles. It still runs strong and looks ok. Damned tank! Love it.

Best Used Car Ever!!!
By amee

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with over 150,000 miles on it. I was worried about the high mileage at first. I have driven this car over 50,000 miles with no problems. This is the most comfortable and reliable car I have ever had. I did not know it before I purchased this car but I am a Buick fan for life. Great Car, Great gas mileage, high comfort level, great reliability.

Comfortable seats, seating for 6 if needed, perfect size car

Build more Buick Century's

By teapartynow

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the year model 2004 used because the previous year models had a gasket problem. This car has a wobbly feel to its wheels which I think is because of poor wheel bearings, not weak side walls of the tires. I have not bothered to pay for new replacements.

I recommend these three "upgrades":

1. Pour a can of transmission Seafoam in the automatic transmission by pouring it down the tube of the check stick.

2. Replace the air filter with a K&N or home made from cut reusable air conditioning filter material. MPG will improve 10%.

3. Replace the front door speakers with anything else, 5.25".

We hope this car will last a long while. It's a good choice for large people.

Great deals to be had on this car.
By masonjar

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently purchased a 2004 Century with 79,000Kms in absolutely mint condition. Nice Metallic Augusta Green paint job with not one blemish. Wasn't on my radar at all until I read in Consumer reports that it had fantastic reliability and could be had for cheaper than comparable Japanese models. I don't see it as an "Old Man" car...the styling is sharp and I mistook an older Lexus for one the other day. Very Very happy with the car..lots of power..nice smooth ride over rough road surfaces. Thinking a nice set of Rims and a better set of tires would really kick it up a notch and I will have a car that will turn heads and last me for years.

Nice powerful stock stereo. Power windows and locks.Smooth ride.Plenty of power and acceleration.Lots of room in front and for rear seat passengers.Good fuel mileage(30mpg Hwy)One of the truly well built American cars and should last me a long time.

It is what it is and is very solidly built.