2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cascada model:

Excellent ride
By Southern Driver

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It is hard not to like this car. Nice design, comfortable rise, and easy to use ragtop. I live in the South and have lots of opportunities for top down driving. Looking in the rearview and passenger blind side is tough but no worse than the Dodge Challenger I traded in. Best features are the front visibility and ease of putting on and taking off the roof. It also has a quieter ride than expected.

Beauty of a car for that middleclass person
By Di

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

At least a beauty of a car for a middle-class hardworking person that wants a comfortable and can't afford a Mercedes or other high end vehicle. I am in love with my car. The look, the ride, the comfort, the pick up, everything. The only thing is being it in the 2016 and it being almost winter I was hoping I would get a better price but afraid not. I am still paying over 450 a month on a lease after putting over 3000 down for 36 months and I think that crazy, but it's what I wanted to drive so I did it. I hope to maybe buy it out, we'll see. Anyhow. compared to the BMW bug it was roomier, a more luxury car and BMW payments would have been the same, so I went with the Buick and got the car I really wanted and the Cascada is a real gem.

Lacking features.
By eugene koenig

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Does not have blind spot monitoring sensors - a must when driving with top up. Where is the Home Link system for opening garage doors? Navigation screen is tiny and very hard to read. My Garmin is better. Gas mileage sucks. But it is a fun car.

A great looker
By Tom in Pittsburgh

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

In Pittsburgh the convertible market is not a booming market, so the selection of exterior, interior colors and wheel types were very limited. I ordered our Buick Cascada in the beginning of March, and received it at the end of May (three months delivery time). I enjoy driving the car more and more each day. It is quite and the ride is smooth on good roads, a bit bumpy on uneven roads (sport suspension). Our roads are hilly and windy here in Pittsburgh, but the Cascada handles the road exceptionally well. Seat and steering wheel adjustments are very accommodating. Initially I was concerned about the rear view visibility and the enclosed feeling with the roof up, but have no problems. The curvature of the two side mirrors is such that half of the lane behind me is visible in each of the side mirrors. Although the rear window is small, and is at an angle that reduce the visibility even more, between the rearwiew mirror and the two side mirrors visibility is pretty good. I have always had cars with sun roofs or panoramic roofs, so I was not sure how a solid black roof over my head will feel. I guess because of the huge wind shield and all the surrounding glass, there is absolutely no enclosed feeling. The trunk is small with the roof down, but that was expected with a convertible. It is a good size with the roof up except for the trunk opening. I am not a golfer, but I do not think that a golf bag would fit through the opening; of course there is always the back seat. In other reviews there have been a lot of comments about outdated dash, and too many buttons. True, there are a lot of buttons, but most of them are duplicates of the touch screen buttons. Just have to get used to when to use which button, touch screen or dash. I particularly like the "Destination" button on the dash, it eliminates going through several menu selections for selecting destination. The other feature that I like is that you can have the navigation displayed on the small screen between the speedometer and the tachometer, leaving the main display for other things, radio, CD music track and the like. It is cleverly designed, in addition to the voice instructions the direction of the next turn is displayed as an arrow and there is a progress bar that gets smaller as you approach the turn, very good. There are numerous technological features on the Cascada that you have to pay extra for with other cars. Blind spot monitoring is not included, but there is parking assist, lane departure warning, collision prevention warning, back up camara, road following headlights, cornering lights and several other safety and convenience features. Some reviewers had issues with the collision prevention, parking assist warning and low resolution back up camera. Both of the assists worked as intended for me; I just have to remember to turn off the parking assist before going through a car wash. As for the low resolution back up camera, let's be realistic, if it shows and alerts the driver that there is an object behind the car that could possibly be hit it did it's job, hi-res is great watching movies, but a pavement?? I have had several convertibles, and they all leaked going through car washes. Now granted, cars are better built nowadays, and car washes came along way in improving how they clean a car, but my the Buick Cascada does not leak. In my opinion it is a very attractive car with the top up or with the top down. Acceleration is exceptionally good considering the weight of the car and the engine size, yes there is room for improvement, but remember you get a lot for what you spend. So far I am very pleased with my Buick Cascada. If my review is still up on the website by the time we get snow here in Pittsburgh, I will update the review on how the Cascada handles winter driving on hilly windy roads and on cold temperatures features, heater, defogger, heated steering wheel and the like.

Could be my next car if....
By opensky1

2016 Buick Cascada Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is basically great for a baby boomer like me that wants a comfortable, safe convertible cruiser, but it needs a few additions after driving it. Even if they are stand alone options this needs blind spot/cross traffic monitoring, and adding automatic emergency braking to its forward collision warning. I would gladly pay 2 to 3 thousand greenbacks more for these options. They already have part of this on the Verano. I will be replacing my Mustang convertible with another one, loaded with all the tech (including adaptive cruise control) available now. If more is added in the next two or three years to the Mustang or even the Cascada (I don't need a fast sports car) I will trade. Smart folks my age want the driver assist tech, because as Clint Eastwood put it so well, "A man's got to know his limitations." A tech assist comfortable cruiser is in order. Bring back the Toyota Camry Solara Convertible? That puppy has a REAL back seat.