2020 BMW X3 Hybrid Consumer Reviews

$48,550

Save as much as $5,054
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Run, do not walk from BMW's new X3 hybrid!

DGMinor, 10/22/2020
xDrive30e 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE! I bought a 2020 BMW X3 30e because I wanted a good-looking hybrid and liked my previous conventional X3. With less than 1,000 miles on the new vehicle, they have slapped a high voltage battery recall on the model. So, I can't charge the vehicle and there is no estimated timeline for a fix! And I'm driving around in a car that is now prone to a battery fire, not to mention expensive to maintain and an environmental hazard! This is what happens when a company gets fat on their reputation and rushes out a flawed product with poor safety protocols. Bye-bye BMW. Never again.

X3 30e 6 month review, so far no recall

Bodyshop Boy, 12/18/2020
xDrive30e 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Pros: my VIN number did not hit a NTSB recall for the battery issue (Phew!) so the review is not tainted by the emotions and experience of others on this site. After 8,000 miles it has been solidly reliable and the tech has worked well, for the most part Charging the car every night and in the afternoon prior to commuting home means most of my day-to-day driving is electric. The Hybrid system eliminates any range anxiety for long trips It is quiet and serene; handles well and is very fun to drive. The Harman Kardon stereo is well worth the upgrade (though I certainly wish it was included given the base price). The Adaptive Hybrid mode is quite clever - when you put a destination in the navi the software decides where best to deploy the battery, or will route you for the most efficient drive Overall efficiency is excellent. I typically get 35+ mpg when driving 150 miles of rural roads and highway; often closer to 40 mpg. Cons: Electric range is too low, it is roughly 15 miles when driven mostly on the highway, 20 miles if driven around town. The range has declined about 20% now that the temperatures are in the 20 and 30 degree range, necessitating a route with less highway driving to make my commute on all-electric. Charging at the office is a must if I want my return trip to be battery powered as well. The phone connection can be a bit fussy. While the wireless Apple Car Play connection is terrific, it will sometimes drop the connection and take a while to reconnect and has required the phone to be re-paired once or twice. BMW options sheet means that you pay for options, like leather and an upgraded stereo that are included on many less expensive vehicles. Verdict: Highly satisfied so far and look forward to driving it. It makes my commute peaceful and longer trips a blast.