Used 2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used 7 Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

Love it/Hate it

dfish3, 01/09/2015
740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

After months of searching for the right 740, I have come to the conclusion that no matter the mileage you need to be prepared for service costs. It takes 2-3 years to understand that the 38 series is "bought on emotion, sold out of frustration". Absolutely one of the best looking sedans ever made and if you are ready for the reality of costs, you will love it.

Lucky

Mike, 08/03/2010
740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Well I have had a lot of great cars, Lexus, Mercedes this is my 5th BMW first 7 series. I had 3 3 series and 1 528 All very nice and great cars in their own right. But by far this is the best car I have ever owned. I never kept a car more than 3 or 4 years. I have now had my 7 for 9 years. 205K and still running strong. Same feel as the day I bought it. I did replace the alternator and the radiator. Also had the trans rebuilt. But with two kids in college and this economy 100K for a new one is a bit on the back burner. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. My 13 year old son and I were on a trip recently and he said to me Dad this car is great. Well he did grow up in it!

THE BEST CAR ON THE ROAD

nycgal2, 03/20/2013
740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

About 6 years ago my husband bought me the 2001 740i. I have put over 75,000 mile on it in 6 years and when I reached 210,000 miles I decided to give it to my son and go buy a "new" car. Not because I needed to as my "baby" still looks and handles and runs like a brand new car but I do alot of driving and thought a newer car would be more reliable on long trips. Well I looked at all the newer model Bimmers, test drove them, kicked the tires, walked around the outside, sat in the back seat....and guess what? Forget the new car. I bought a 2001 BMW 740iL with 85,000 miles on it! I loved the 740i...I adore the 740iL!

Best in its class

tadros, 06/07/2011
740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my 740i the summer of 2007 with 122K, it now has 170k. Mechanically i have changed a suspension component ($250), brakes($1100) battery($150) and tires($1100) otherwise just oil service. Recently it has began to slowly leak coolant. The reliability has been excellent and it still feels very much like a new vehicle. Preformance is Great but remember it is a large sedan The interior is beyond expectations. Exterior is beautiful with the sport package!!! Overall it is a great vehicle to enjoy for many years. I would never consider trading for anything else of similar value,

BMW Flagship Car, a luxury ICON worth owning!

J. Peters, 08/05/2016
740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This fabulous motorcar is the most comfortable luxury vehicle that I have ever owned. Although it takes -- and deserves -- premium gasoline, my 2001 BMW 740iL is surprisingly gas-efficient! If well-maintained, annual maintenance costs are less than what would be paid for annual lease payments on a Toyota. My BMW dealer recently allowed me to use a 2016 "loaner" while servicing my 2001 740iL but getting back into my 2001 felt like returning to heaven as it remains superior to any 2016 BMW model.

12345...14