Skip to main content
$54,200

Save as much as $3,218
Select your trim:
12345...6

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 5 Series, so we've included reviews for other years of the 5 Series since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Amazing Quality and Powertrain

Jeff, 03/23/2021
2021 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Definitely not a sporty car. If you want that, get a 3-series. That's not to say you can't have fun it it, it has a lot of power and has a great engine. But it is first and foremost a luxury cruiser geared towards comfort. If that is what you are looking for, this is the best in the business.

A Civilized Beast

ZA, 12/21/2019
2020 BMW 5 Series M550i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Just picked the 2020 M550 version with the improved HP and The idrive 7. Custom spec with almost all options included. As an prior owner of multiple other luxury cars and SUVs, this one is the best combination of speed, luxury and technology at around 85k-95k MSRP point. The car has multiple personalities depending on which driving mode you engage in. Driving in adaptive mode has been my main daily routine but put this car in sports or sports + and it changes into a violent beast !! Great luxurious seats, especially if you choose the luxury seating package. I also opted for the dynamic handling package which likely makes a difference as some reviewers noted heavy handling that I have not quite encountered - likely due to this added option. I find the driving quite nimble for a car this size and honestly wanted a car with a more civilized driving experience with a sporty/fast mode on call as needed. Love the bower Wilkinson audio and the iDrive system with the larger and more informative HUD is a decent upgrade. There are many other tech options I opted for, such as parking assist with display key, driving assistance plus but I am finding little practical use of many of these add ons. Some of the safety options are quite useful but lane assist is one that I can personally do without. Options in general are costly but in this class (E53, S6, etc.) either cheaper or a superior offering. Fuel economy is closer to the lower promised end at 16mpg (less than a week driving) but I have been a bit of sports mode driver at times so may be its my driving style rather than the expected norm. There’s multiple independent reviews out there (YouTube) with folks experience fuel economy in the 20s mpg range which is quite decent for the size of the car / engine output.

Brand new

Samuel , 10/06/2021
2022 BMW 5 Series M550i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

Shortage of computer chips cause several options to be eliminated. These options were available when the car was ordered from BMW and the factory didn’t inform me or the dealership that options were removed. No adjustment to the sticker price either.

What a car!

Kevin, 02/14/2022
2022 BMW 5 Series 530i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

The new 530 IX drive is such a nice complete car. It is set up with all the latest technology including remote start and keyless entry. The car drives so smooth and has nice pick up to get you moving. The seats are comfortable and the detail inside the car gives me and my friends a wow factor. The wheels make the car. Lastly, the gas mileage is just right.

Best automobile I've driven

James , 09/23/2020
2021 BMW 5 Series M550i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 8A)

I have a 2021 M550i. Extraordinary car. The comfort factor in this car is the very best I've experienced. The variability of seat adjustments is incredible. I have had 13 herniated discs and never have I found a more variable adjustable seat, nor massage modes. The power (523hp) is insane for a car in this sector. Acceleration is phenomenal and curves are super smooth. I don't have the driving skills for an M5, or a Porsche, due to spine issues, but this car is perfect for me. I ordered every extra except the 'use the key fob to park the car'. Driving this car is a sublime experience - power, acceleration, solid stance cornering, comfort (the seat adjustability is endless), audio (the Bowers and Wilkens audio is the best I have heard in a car), and pure luxurious fun of driving is incredible. It's far better than the Audi S6 or MB AMG E53 that I also test drove. I love idrive version 7, although miss Google Skyview that I had in my 2018 Audi S5 that I traded. I had a '20 Audi S6 ordered, and canceled due to terrible sales communication. So glad the Audi deal fell apart - the M550i is a superior driving experience, and the rotary dial user interface in the Beem is far better than the multiple touchscreens in the Audi. MB user interface in the E series is terrible

12345...6