Used 2015 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:

528i a driving dream
By Napper

2015 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I was looking for a car that was fun to drive great comfort and give me the things that I needed the BMW 528I is the car

Best of the breed
By Steve

2015 BMW 5 Series 535d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Owned a 328D X Drive and thought that was the best ever till I replaced it with the 535D M Sport. The 5 has tons of torque and hp to get this large heavy machine up and going. Extremely fast and smooth. I recommend the M Sport suspension as it keeps the car light on its feet. The steering is anything but numb. We've taken several long trips and couldn't be more impressed. Got into the upper 40's MPG at highway speeds with a fuel range around 700 miles. Arriving rested every time. Mine is loaded with options including heated ventilated seats that couldn't be more comfortable. They are the premium option seat and are the most comfortable I've ever sat in. It's loaded with safety features including accident mitigation which was put to use a couple of times. The heads up display is clear and integrates well with the GPS mapping feature. Haven't had one issue with the car in 15,000 miles. Even the tires are holding up. I expect I'll get 25,000 miles on them. They are the staggered Michelin Primacy run flats. A good tire choice for this car. It is mostly a garage queen along with its big brother a 2017 X5 35D XDrive. As you can see I'm hooked on diesel after starting with that great 328 D. I'm trying to find a fault with this car but I just can't. Check back later and I'll do an update.

Barry wilson
By Barry Wilson

2015 BMW 5 Series 528i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great car.

Beware of the restart shudder
By Buying an Audi 2018

2015 BMW 5 Series 528i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

When the eco Start/stop engages and the engine restarts, the restart is hard and causes the car to noticeably shudder. Dealer told me I could turn off the start/stop, but then I would lose fuel economy. I think they fixed it for the 2018 model year, but make sure you test it before buying.

Awesome, really awesome
By BMW Beauty

2015 BMW 5 Series 535d 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

The diesel M sport is an incredible car. does everything well. I've gotten up to 50 MPG. Mixed driving around the 40 mark. I'm totally impressed with every aspect of this machine. It is very comfortable for long trips. I opted for the multi contour ventilated seats. Never sat in a more comfortable seat. Being 6'2" tall it's hard to find the right fit but these seats dial it in. Tons of torque and handles like a much smaller BMW. My only complaint is that it takes two or more rest stops between fill ups.