Used 2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great car!
By Chris

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Fun to drive: turns heads!

Great car - 72,000 trouble free miles
By jws8657

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car has been great to own. Not a single unscheduled maintenance so far and since it is my first BMW, I was very worried about that. Best features are fun to drive, idrive, reliability and great gas mileage (36+ mpg on interstate). Great highway car. Only thing I really don't like about the car is the leatherette on the seats. It is cheap and once it gets hot, does not cool down for a long time. Makes for a lot of sweaty drives in the summer with my back sticking to the seat through my shirt.

Great Car
By Rodney Field

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine as a CPO, and have had no major issues at all. It moves, is fun to drive, and is extremely eye catching.

My 1st BMW: Where Have You Been All My Life?
By Jeff M

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am the second owner of my 2013 328i. I found it with 35K miles on the clock, and it was just about perfect: Sport Line, Premium Package, Navigation, and 6 speed manual, Glacier Silver outside, Black Leather with Red Accents inside. As the Germans would say, "Schoen". Then there is the drive: surprising power and quickness and the wonderful 50/50 weight balance that make the car so fun to drive. At the same time, you can comfortably and serenely commute or ferry passengers in it. Plus, good fuel economy; in very mixed driving, I consistently get 25-26mpg, and that is with the car in Sport Mode 95% of the time. So, yes, I really love my BMW; however, my love is not blind. Among the things not so good are the halogen headlights. Almost unsafely dim with the stock bulbs, so I upgraded to the brightest bulbs I could find. Additionally, the base Hi-Fi audio system is not so great. It lacks midrange, and Sirius in particular can sound muddy. For reliability, besides a couple of warranty repairs (bad fuel injector, then fouled catalytic converter), my car has been relatively trouble free. Being a BMW, yes, service and parts will cost you more. I am going on the mantra of keeping up with the maintenance so as to avoid big issues. You can pay dealer prices, you can find a good independent BMW specialist, or you can even tackle some repairs yourself. In sum, there is no free lunch, but I feel the rewards of driving my 328i outweigh the pains.

Best car I have ever owned
By recruitpko

2013 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought it used with 26k miles and not a scratch on the car. The car drives like new, VERY fast and the handling is, again, the best I have ever experienced. The only other German car I have owned was a Porche 944, great handling, but not nearly as fast and the handling and driving experience of the 335i is superior. I walked into the BMW dealer just wanting to take it for a test drive because I had never driven a BMW before.........and ended up buying it within the hour....and i have looked at many sports cars. Watch out for the twin turbos, the car almost leaps off the road.