Used 2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great car - 72,000 trouble free miles
By jws8657

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car has been great to own. Not a single unscheduled maintenance so far and since it is my first BMW, I was very worried about that. Best features are fun to drive, idrive, reliability and great gas mileage (36+ mpg on interstate). Great highway car. Only thing I really don't like about the car is the leatherette on the seats. It is cheap and once it gets hot, does not cool down for a long time. Makes for a lot of sweaty drives in the summer with my back sticking to the seat through my shirt.

Great Car
By Rodney Field

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought mine as a CPO, and have had no major issues at all. It moves, is fun to drive, and is extremely eye catching.

My 1st BMW: Where Have You Been All My Life?
By Jeff M

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I am the second owner of my 2013 328i. I found it with 35K miles on the clock, and it was just about perfect: Sport Line, Premium Package, Navigation, and 6 speed manual, Glacier Silver outside, Black Leather with Red Accents inside. As the Germans would say, "Schoen". Then there is the drive: surprising power and quickness and the wonderful 50/50 weight balance that make the car so fun to drive. At the same time, you can comfortably and serenely commute or ferry passengers in it. Plus, good fuel economy; in very mixed driving, I consistently get 25-26mpg, and that is with the car in Sport Mode 95% of the time. So, yes, I really love my BMW; however, my love is not blind. Among the things not so good are the halogen headlights. Almost unsafely dim with the stock bulbs, so I upgraded to the brightest bulbs I could find. Additionally, the base Hi-Fi audio system is not so great. It lacks midrange, and Sirius in particular can sound muddy. For reliability, besides a couple of warranty repairs (bad fuel injector, then fouled catalytic converter), my car has been relatively trouble free. Being a BMW, yes, service and parts will cost you more. I am going on the mantra of keeping up with the maintenance so as to avoid big issues. You can pay dealer prices, you can find a good independent BMW specialist, or you can even tackle some repairs yourself. In sum, there is no free lunch, but I feel the rewards of driving my 328i outweigh the pains.

Best car I have ever owned
By recruitpko

2013 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought it used with 26k miles and not a scratch on the car. The car drives like new, VERY fast and the handling is, again, the best I have ever experienced. The only other German car I have owned was a Porche 944, great handling, but not nearly as fast and the handling and driving experience of the 335i is superior. I walked into the BMW dealer just wanting to take it for a test drive because I had never driven a BMW before.........and ended up buying it within the hour....and i have looked at many sports cars. Watch out for the twin turbos, the car almost leaps off the road.

Oh, how I regret this purchase.
By Scott L

2013 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After decades of owning cars like Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata I was tricked into believing that a BMW would be a true step up into something called the ultimate driving machine. After owning the car for a year I can say that I hate it and I would never buy another one. It is too cramped. Tapping the brakes is an all-out assault on the senses as they're too sensitive. The 8 speed transmission is pretty harsh. The backup camera is nearly useless at night as the images too grainy. The headlights are horrible. There is no spare tire or even a place to put a spare tire. The dashboard controls are strangely located. There is no way to lock the Dual climate control temperature settings. The list just goes on of the things that annoying me to no end that have been implemented for decades by other manufacturers in a better fashion.

In the end I sold it back to the BMW dealership in less than 18 months and I was happy to see it go!