Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best car I've ever owned
By Areeje Ayyash

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Where to begin; I've always been a huge fan of BMW but started driving Mercedes for a while. I finally switched back because I found this car at an incredible deal and since then my love of driving has returned. The interior for this car feels like it's made with significantly higher quality than competitors, there is no comparison in the drive quality as it's one of the main things BMW is known for, and I've found the car has less repairs than others. I will concede that the car is a bit on the small size, it's perfect for me cause I'm short but my husband (6'2) struggles sometimes to find a comfortable spot with headroom. Once he finds it he loves the car as much as I do and usually takes it to work and leaves me his car (not nearly as fun). All around it's the perfect car for me but if you aren't into the BMW feel then you'll most likely feel meh about it.

Value for the $
By LaToya

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Great value for the $ I paid

Fun to drive when it was in my possession
By Todd

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Repair shops have had "ownership" of this vehicle an estimated 6 months of my 3.5 years of ownership. I put $2800 into turbo purchase, $1500 into labor then a new turbo blew so another $1500 for labor since the subframe had to be dropped again to install the new turbo. For what the car is worth I've had turbos replace, replaced the valve cover myself due to pcv crack, injectors replaced, fuel pump replaced so I've spent almost half of the cars worth in repairs!!!!!!. Maintenance wise just a nightmare, but a fun car to drive.

Expected Higher Quality
By Robert

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Issues to date: Rear tail light assembly failed, front windshield rubber trim disintegrated, rear window trim disintegrated, rear view mirror retaining ring pops out making the mirror flop all over and not stay in position, rear seat stitching failed near headrest seam. These seem minor but they are all very irritating. I've owned several Mercedes, a Jaguar, and my daily driver is a Porsche. This is my wife's car so I am constantly fielding these repairs. First BMW and I expected more.

Boy oh boy!
By Jarrod

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Took a minute for me to get used to it but now I can't stop looking at it or wanting to drive it.... so fast, so cool. Lots of bells n whistles, with a true luxurious look n feel. I'm 5'10.5 so I feel a little cramped at times but a few adjustments here n there and off I go. You WILL enjoy this car undoubtedly. ****Update. Still drives like a dream and for you that worry above the car being unable to handle bad weather, well we just dug ourselves out of a Northeastern blizzard and this baby navigated the roads like a true champ (DTC off). Go ahead, make the investment. You won't be sorry.