Used 2010 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Worst decision made
By Nathan Waits

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

This car looks nice, rides nice but constantly costing money in parts and maintenance. It helps that I work on it myself. I have had to repair more on this BMW in the last 3 months than I have through the life span of any Nissan, Toyota, Chevy, or Ford that I’ve owned. Sell before it hits 90k.

Best car I've ever owned
By Areeje Ayyash

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i xDrive 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Where to begin; I've always been a huge fan of BMW but started driving Mercedes for a while. I finally switched back because I found this car at an incredible deal and since then my love of driving has returned. The interior for this car feels like it's made with significantly higher quality than competitors, there is no comparison in the drive quality as it's one of the main things BMW is known for, and I've found the car has less repairs than others. I will concede that the car is a bit on the small size, it's perfect for me cause I'm short but my husband (6'2) struggles sometimes to find a comfortable spot with headroom. Once he finds it he loves the car as much as I do and usually takes it to work and leaves me his car (not nearly as fun). All around it's the perfect car for me but if you aren't into the BMW feel then you'll most likely feel meh about it.

Value for the $
By LaToya

Great value for the $ I paid

Fun to drive when it was in my possession
By Todd

2010 BMW 3 Series 335i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Repair shops have had "ownership" of this vehicle an estimated 6 months of my 3.5 years of ownership. I put $2800 into turbo purchase, $1500 into labor then a new turbo blew so another $1500 for labor since the subframe had to be dropped again to install the new turbo. For what the car is worth I've had turbos replace, replaced the valve cover myself due to pcv crack, injectors replaced, fuel pump replaced so I've spent almost half of the cars worth in repairs!!!!!!. Maintenance wise just a nightmare, but a fun car to drive.

Expected Higher Quality
By Robert

2010 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Issues to date: Rear tail light assembly failed, front windshield rubber trim disintegrated, rear window trim disintegrated, rear view mirror retaining ring pops out making the mirror flop all over and not stay in position, rear seat stitching failed near headrest seam. These seem minor but they are all very irritating. I've owned several Mercedes, a Jaguar, and my daily driver is a Porsche. This is my wife's car so I am constantly fielding these repairs. First BMW and I expected more.