Used 2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 418 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best car I've ever had!
By Rhonda

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Hand's down this has been the most reliable car I've had. I've been driving it nine years, put over 100k miles on it, and only routine maintenance and repairs in those years. It's stylish, has good visibility, and great trunk space storage. Gas mileage is pretty good for a 6 cyl automatic, highway mileage is really good. I've really enjoyed this car.

They Just Don't Make 'em Like This Anymore.
By Mike Crenshaw

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

When it comes to driving fun and performance, this car still rocks! It performs superbly in every regard, even after 135,000 miles. Unlike today's 4-cylinder, turbo charged versions, this car has six cylinders that still beg for a workout. The only downside has been the breakdown (and rather expensive replacement) of hoses, gaskets, pumps, etc., that support the high-compression engine. When this started happening I was thinking I should have traded the car in, but now I'm glad I kept it. It still runs like a charm and all the important items - i.e., engine, transmission and AC - are still in excellent condition. At this point I'm thinking it will be a great car to hand down to my grandchildren who might not otherwise get to experience what cars used to mean to enthusiastic drivers.

DONT DO IT
By Over it

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I brought this car in 1/17 and had nothing but problems. 1st someone side swiped my RED BMW. that cost 950 . after my car being in the shop for a week two days after I got it back it just stop working. took it for service at BMW of Catonsville and not only was the service crappy it will extremely over price. My starter needed to be replace and battery which cost 2200. A week later my car started over heating and when I called BMW back they said it's not there problem. so I warning you they look nice but my experience has been horrible as an owner.

2006 BMW 325i
By Derek Lynn

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Take a thorough test drive City and Highway. Have a Certified mechanic check it out for any issues and if you do it by it enjoy

You wish they still would build it....
By Klaus Wombacher

2006 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

car has always been garaged, no accidents, no smoker, handling is really great, sunroof, leather upholstery, HID headlights, CD player, very powerful in -line 6 cyl., automatic sport transmission,