Used 2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 250 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

17 yrs old and still lookin good!
By BMW

2001 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 325i. Don't get me wrong, it has its quirks. But for the most part it is a good car and it still looks good enough to make people take a second glance. If I had to list the cons, the main ones would be the cost of repair parts and the lack of roominess for the driver. It just seems a bit cramped at times. If I had to list the pros, the main ones would be the exterior style of the vehicle overall and the turning radius capability (I swear that thing can smoothly turn on a dime). I've always been partial to the look of the 2001 (and other model years as well) bmw 325i. It's definitely got the look of a well built sporty sedan. Mine is black with a shiny mirror like finish when freshly washed. I get compliments on it all the time. It's a fun car to drive but due to the front cabin area not being too roomy, it might not be comfortable on a cross country trip. Considering that mine is a 2001 with over 180,000 miles on it, it's understandable that things go wrong now and then...a power window motor here, a head light module there, etc but the only major component I've had to replace was the radiator so far. I would suggest buying used parts if possible. Especially if u are on a budget bcoz bmw parts can be quite pricey if purchased new. Overall I'm happy with having purchased it and for what I paid for it, I think it was a great deal.

I love my BMW
By Ginny

2001 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This Car is Amazing as well as awesome, it handles great and drives very well. I had a Dodge Charger 2014 and to be honest with you I love my BMW more and it's a lot of fun to drive...0-80 in probably less than 10 seconds. I love my BMW more than any other Car I ever had. I can't say enough good things about my BMW... It's just a Great Car to Own...Your very welcome for the feedback from me. Have a great day and go drive a BMW!!!

My wife's car - she alway wanted a convertible
By Forrest Joseph

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Wife wanted a convertible, told her I would not be forking out $50K-%60K for a new one, she would just have to settle for used. She really didnt want to look for a used one but she reluctantly agreed. Dragged her around to a lot of place to look at kind of a variety of used convertibles. Towards the end of the day, she said she didn't like a one of them we saw and wanted to go home. I said, okay, one last one to look at, she didn't want to, but reluctantly agreed. This last one was a 2001 BMW 325Ci convertible, body in as close to mint condition as one could expect for a used car, silver with dark blue top, tan interior. Once she got behind the wheel and the test drive was done she said "This baby is mine!!!". Now I did have to put a couple of bucks into the car to take care of some stuff that I believe the previous owner had neglected but since then, I am impressed by this car. It handles great, good acceleration for an engine of its size (actually seems to purr best when going quite a bit faster than the posted speed limit - :) Styling is classic and not dated. Did add an in dash navi with backup camera, still want to get a blind spot monitor for the rear once I find a suitable one with audio and visual signals that works well and does not cost an arm and a leg, have adjusted the outside mirrors as best I can to eliminate blind spots but there is little warning when an aggressive driver comes out of nowhere on you. There are two other systems that I still need to go thru on the car, that would be a complete brake system and want to have the suspension completely gone thru. The car is 17 years old but the 22K we have put on it since we got it, it just seems to run better and better the more we drive it. Maybe some folks have had less than favorable experience with their used BMW 3 series, but perhaps its the luck of the draw in buying a used one. Lastly, the best compliment that we have gotten on the car (had put 3 coats of Maquires on it and machine buffed each coat - was looking sharp) is when I drove up to Annapolis and someone was showing off their bright red Ferrari and I notice that owner was intently eyeballing our BMW as we drove slowly by.

great car ... even for old broads
By judy

2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

have checked out by a mechanic....I did and he wanted to buy it...said it's a keeper !!

Bought off teenager!!
By Missy

2001 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My son graduated Hs and needed a newer car he bought this used obviously. Well It wasn't "cool" enough so he was going to trade it for half the price he paid! I said I'll take it! I've had it 4 years now. I bought it for $4000 I've spent $1200 in repairs total. It does currently need rear struts but I'm trading it in. Find a nice mechanic - tell him your not rich and they can charge you reg prices if they want to! Don't let them bs you saying this is a bmw!! One great thing you can find almost every part and info online in bimmer forums! Air cond quit- was $50 part I could do myself - thanks forum! Drives like a dream, hugs the road! It's moody, and always leaks oil like a harley! I have 109,000 miles on it. No regrets cost me $5200 -including repairs for 4 years!