Used 2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 2 Series model:

A CONVERTIBLE WITH A TOP THAT RIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By Ripped

2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible 228i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

It "Is" a convertible with a top that rips for $40,000! Hey BMW can I have my money back? My fourth bavarian money waster----never, ever again! Edmunds you need to rethink your rating of this vehicle! I thought you were a reliable source of information until now. Some owners are on second or third headliners and tops because of tensioning strap problems!

Massively Underwhelmed
By S Whit

2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible 228i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have driven BMWs exclusively since the early 1990s and this is my likely my last new one, BMW has really squandered a great deal of brand loyalty with this latest timid and tinny version of a once great car. It lacks the fit, feel and soul of my previous leased ragtops (1 series / 3 series) and yet costs the same. Recently put this pretty but vapid toy up on Swapalease and bought a used Mazda that is just as fun for less than half the price.

Fun to drive.
By Chuck

2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible 228i xDrive SULEV 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Spent quite a bit of time deciding which small, all-wheel convertible to buy. There aren't too many choices in the premium category. Tried Audi TT and didn't like the ride or visibility. Didn't consider the other Audis because I have a hard time getting by that big Audi nose. Have only had the car for a few days, but like it a lot. The acceleration and handling are great for such a small car. It's certainly no bargain and we spent another $2,000 for a different wheel and tire package because we didn't like the M's all-grey rims.

We have now owned the car for over a year and we absolutely love it. My wife uses it as an everyday car and I for the convertible and fun to drive. Would absolutely buy the car again if making the choice. Only caution is that it is very low in the front, which causes it to rub on low treadles and drives.

Very decent
By skobola

2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible 228i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Very decent convertible, especially when compared to other convertibles in the price range.