Used 2016 BMW 2 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews

$27,888

Used 2 Series for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Fun to drive.

Chuck, 05/07/2016
228i xDrive SULEV 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Spent quite a bit of time deciding which small, all-wheel convertible to buy. There aren't too many choices in the premium category. Tried Audi TT and didn't like the ride or visibility. Didn't consider the other Audis because I have a hard time getting by that big Audi nose. Have only had the car for a few days, but like it a lot. The acceleration and handling are great for such a small car. It's certainly no bargain and we spent another $2,000 for a different wheel and tire package because we didn't like the M's all-grey rims. We have now owned the car for over a year and we absolutely love it. My wife uses it as an everyday car and I for the convertible and fun to drive. Would absolutely buy the car again if making the choice. Only caution is that it is very low in the front, which causes it to rub on low treadles and drives.

Love our TOY

John, 01/21/2019
228i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My husband and I own a 5 series, X3 and now the 228i convertible. This was this most spontaneous purchase ever. We were at a dealer looking at a 911, and I saw this gorgeous gem in Mineral Gray , Black top and interior. It was “Love at first drive”. It’s quick and responsive. And what a value! Nearly half price in just 2 and a half years! Really grips the road, takes corners on a dime. Of course the ride is a little taut, but is not punishing, and the seats are quite comfortable.

Very decent

skobola, 04/30/2016
228i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Very decent convertible, especially when compared to other convertibles in the price range.

My first BMW

KW, 12/25/2019
228i SULEV 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Best convertible that’s not tiny...and not too big. Have had the car almost a year and love driving it! Top up or top down! I find it really difficult to get off the road and into my garage. I need to plan a long road trip with it. It’s very comfortable I haven’t even figured out half of all the amenities it handles fabulously and it is very fast! I have the Valencia orange metallic with tan seats. The version I bought is fully loaded and was a $50,000 vehicle new. I got it for less than half price just three years later. I limit my driving to weekends and Special trips. I kept my Honda SUV. All I can say is I love it beautiful styling and top quality.

great but Audi may have an edge

Male mid 30s, 12/28/2020
228i xDrive SULEV 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2016 BMW 228xi convertible is not a perfect car but after a lot of research, we narrowed down to this model. We really wanted an Audi A3 convertible but there were simply not that many of them for sale. The 228xi has been great. We have 20k miles on it and it runs great, it is sporty, quiet with the top up. It is comfortable for two adults and we were able to fit two more adults in the back seat but it was a tight fit. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power for daily driving. The convertible isn't as engaging to drive as the coupe, but we wanted a small economical convertible with four seats for fun drives to wineries and what not. I haven't driven many other convertibles other than a Mustang and an A5. The A5 is far better than the 228 and the Mustang's cheap quality and terrible ride was evident...please stay away from the Ford product. Some of the CONS to the 228: It is low to the ground so it may be hard to get in and out for some folks. It is hard to fish out the seatbelt to get bucked. There are a lot of hard plastics. PROS: soft top is wonderful. As a matter of fact, BMW discontinued hard top convertibles in 2020 and it will make soft tops only. I am a big fan.