2018 Audi SQ5 Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi SQ5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SQ5 model:

Great comfort and dynamics
By Mike

2018 Audi SQ5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Initially I was going to buy BMW X3 M40i, but my friend recommended to try SQ5. I was impressed, it's much more comfortable and quiter, yet has good dynamics and handling. I decided to test GLC43 too. SQ5 is definitely a winner. It also was cheaper than other.

Lemon replaced by Audi
By Armin

2018 Audi SQ5 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I deleted my previous negative review to more properly explain what happened with our purchase of a brand new 2018 SQ5. In short we had total electronic system failures, 3 times in a span of three drives and 3 visits to the dealer. I was upset because this was not safe and of course disappointing. We initially were hearing from the delaer that the car would be repaired again for the same computer malfunction. Basically the initial response from the service manager was lackluster. There was absolutely a severe safety issue with the vehicle once it indicated every single function was inoperable, including driver side airbag. I had presented the dealership with a detailed and respectful written response in a quick manner. It took a few days for a reaponse from Audi corporate, who was contacted by the dealer. I was pleasently surprised that Audi corporate decided to take the car back and replace it with a same but new SQ5. Clearly the car has a major defect for which there is no obvious repair and Audi is willing to take responsibility. Apparently Audi cares enough about it’s customers in this instance, to take immediate action and avoid an ongoing cycle of repairs or lemon law action for a first time Audi owner / BMW convert. I was ready to jump back to BMW, but this resets the experience. I can’t say enough about how well we ended up being treated at the dealer once this went in for the third consecutive repair for the same problem. I have had little time to enjoy the car due to this event and if Edmunds allows, I will update a review of the new car once it has been driven sufficiently.

BEST ALL AROUND PURPOSE CROSSOVER SUV
By ARLE

2018 Audi SQ5 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have never seen or driven a car like this before. I've owned BMW 3, 5, and 7 series, Porsche 911, and Mercedes SL 55 and a Honda Pilot. The SQ5 is a combination of all of them. Its rides very comfortably, very stable, and quiet, sporty and with a lot of power and torque. Its a get up and go car, great to drive anywhere in the city or country. I love the quality and the very advanced technology I feel like I'm in a spaceship. I've tested the Volvo XC90, it had a very bouncy air suspension and I didn't quite trust their NAV system. I also test drove the RX 350, but again the ride was not as smooth and it just didn't absorb the bumps well, plus it was quite boring to drive. I've never test drove an Audi before until my wife wanted to look at the Audi Q7. After we bought the Q7, I just fell in love with it and had to have one just like it. The SQ5 is a combination of sports car and comfortable SUV, very adaptable to all my different driving needs.

Best car
By Mark Weiner

2018 Audi SQ5 3.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

This is a wonderful car. The technology is very adaptable the car most comfortable and is great looking. Many nice details. Waiting to see gas mileage

Great Buy
By mycwf.pic

2018 Audi SQ5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

Do your home work