Skip to main content

$58,200

Save as much as $1,271
Select your trim:
12345...6

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2023 Q7, so we've included reviews for other years of the Q7 since its last redesign.

Almost a perfect car

t w houston, 03/23/2021
updated 09/24/2021
2021 Audi Q7 Prestige 4dr SUV AWD w/55 TFSI (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

Love the exterior look and the interior luxury. It drives like a much smaller car. It is nimble and easy to steer. The drive is so smooth. When you are driving 90 mph it feels like 60 in a regular car. The infotainment system has a high learning curve but after you have everything customized, it is easy to live with. I wish it was available with the high-end B&O sound system, but the mid-level one sounds good but not great. It is very comfortable and everything works well. The virtual cockpit with Google Earth maps is the highlight. It is very quiet with dual pane glass on the windshield, and both front and rear windows. There is plenty of room for five adults. Adults can fit in the rear if the 2nd row seats are moved forward. The 2nd row seats fold forward a great deal making entry to the 3rd row easy. Only a few things I don't like: (1) the storage in the front is nearly non-existent with a tiny center console. (2) There is no tire gauge pressure reading. You will get a warning if a particular tire goes below a threshold but there is no numerical readout (3) There is no remote start so remote unlocking through the app. Now I have had the car for about 7 months. I still feel that it is a great car and my initial impressions were good. The reliability issues of Audi did raise its ugly head during this time. The check engine light came on after about 5000 miles. I brought it into the dealership and they kept it for 2 days and said it was fixed. But the problem recurred after a few days, and I had to bring it back in again for another couple of days. They said they had to replace a fuel pump assembly. The first time they just replaced a sensor. The second time they replaced the whole unit. It has been working fine since then. I have never had a car with such a major engine problem in such a short time. I don't know what that bodes for the future. The dealership was great with free loaner cars with free gas. Some things I like more over time: The sound system started sounding better and better as the speakers were broken in. I learned how to drive it so I could get really great fuel mileage on the highway. I was able to easily achieve 25 to 27 mpg. The cooled seats work really well. The car is built like a tank. You don't get door dings. I was involved in a minor accident due to somebody illegally driving into my lane. But the car just bounced off the other car with a couple minor scratches that are nearly invisible. Any other car I owned would have had a crumpled side panel. Things I don't like over time: The auto start-stop can be really rough, although you can turn it off. The fuel mileage in city driving is really bad especially for short trips. There I am getting under 15 mpg. Voice navigation sometimes works well and sometimes not. It depends on whether you get a good network connection with Google. Wireless charging in conjunction with wireless Apple Carplay makes the phone really hot. These are fairly minor gripes. Overall, once you drive this car, most other cars will feel inadequate and inferior.

3 out of 5 stars

APPROACH WITH CAUTION

Randle James, 10/10/2021
2022 Audi Q7 Premium Plus 4dr SUV AWD w/45 TFSI (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This SUV is a real beauty, but… and it’s a BIG BUT… the technology employed, which truly is extraordinary when working well, is extremely unstable - failing and faulting nearly 25% of the time. We’ve had our Q7 for 6 months and it’s been back to the dealership 5 times. I know all the service advisors by name now. And no offense to service advisors, but I NEVER want to know one (much less several) by name. It’s so frustrating, because when everything is working well, you’ll never find a better experience. It’s THAT good. But man oh man, when it’s not working, nothing is more infuriating. For one of the many examples, the system is constantly “updating.” The last update - which ended up causing a return to the service department - took 5 days. 5 days of no navigation, no phone, no radio, no nothing. It was like driving a brick. A very very expensive brick.

Luxury For the Whole Family

Carrera36, 01/05/2021
2021 Audi Q7 Premium Plus 55 TFSI quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

After looking at a number of alternatives in the 3-row SUV market (including the BMW X5 and the Volkswagen Atlas), we decided on the 2021 Audi Q7. Nothing else out there offers the same combination of space, luxury, features, design and performance. The Q7 is beautifully designed, inside and out. The interior is stunning, with the cockpit featuring three screens for viewing gauges, infotainment and HVAC, among other things. In fact, the tech can be slightly off-putting, especially if you're coming from a more analog type of vehicle. Once you get it setup, it works very well and becomes second nature. The seating is very comfortable, and while the 3rd row is not as large as some full-size SUVs, you can adjust the legroom by sliding the middle seats forwards and backwards. Other features we really like are the giant glass roof and the fantastic LED headlights. One oddly missing feature is remote starting. It seems that Audi should include this feature, especially on Premium Plus models, like ours. The Audi website doesn't do a good job of listing all the standard features in one place, so I actually wasn't sure if the car had remote starting or not. One thing that is not missing is power. Our turbo V6 model has more than enough performance - it's surprisingly quick. Car and Driver indicates a 5.0 second 0-60 time, and the Q7 is very relaxed at highway speeds with its 8-speed transmission. The Q7 is very well built and feels incredibly solid and tight over bumpy roads and potholes. The pricing on this vehicle is towards the premium end of the spectrum, but it's worth it.

Luxury

Beth C, 02/09/2021
2021 Audi Q7 Premium Plus 45 TFSI quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I have only had my Q7 for a couple weeks and I must add I am coming from an Ultra Premium Plus A4. This SUV, and I have owned a few others, definitely feels more luxurious. The pano roof is great, The Bang& Olufsen stereo is my favorite. The ride is great with the exception of the seat it is ok, but not great. The technology is on point, but can be very distractive. I suggest using the audi cockpit for changing radio etc while driving. There is no cargo space unless the 3rd row is down, which I am fine with. The style of the car exterior is nice, a touch of sporty and the turbine wheels I love. My son who is almost 6ft has head room and a little more leg room in the suv and that was a big factor in this lease. Overall. I am happy so far.

Impressive SUV!

Ronald A. LaMascus, 03/18/2021

After extensive research over the past 18 months and test drives of several SUV’s and wagons, we chose the Audi Q7 for it’s extremely smooth, quiet ride, good performance and acceleration, gas mileage and other overall features and comfort. It is a very compelling vehicle with many technical aids/features and multiple ways to access and operate those features albeit somewhat more difficult than it has to be at times. The quality of materials and construction is absolutely top notch and the overall design is very nice to look at while being simple but elegant in design and functionality. The interior storage is on the smallish side and there are far too many “nanny warnings, greetings”, etc. Visibility out of this vehicle is outstanding and coupled with the various driver aids and cameras, makes it very pleasurable to drive. Economy is good as it is averaging about 20 mpg in mixed driving and over 24 mpg at speed. Our research has definitely been validated by the 2021 Audi Q7 without a doubt.

12345...6