Used 2016 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Q5 model:

New owner
By New Owner

2016 Audi Q5 TDI Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 8A)

Expect typical depreciation for german car, I have only 200 miles on my new one but anticipate keeping it 15+/- years which if you do the math pencils out; so far I have thoroughly enjoyed it but can only provide limited review due to my limited time in the vehicle although in the short time I have driven it I love the performance, road manners and it may be getting great mileage as the needle has barely moved since I picked up the vehicle.

Lower back problems driver seat
By Jane Ceurvorst

2016 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Started having lower back problems one month after purchasing the car. Did not realize it was the car with my back until my husband drove it and he had the same problems. Had to trade after 14 months of owning the car due to the problems. Only after driving my new car for one day, already feeling relief.

I left my Lexus for an Audi Q5
By Linda Nuckolls

2016 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After 15 years with my beloved Lexus RX300, which I passed to my daughter, it was time for a new ride. I obviously adored my Lexus, but the new RX is huge, and the NX was a good size but had nasty yellowish pleather interior, boring handling and that awful spindle grill. Instead I chose the Audi Q5 in Cuvee silver with Chestnut interior. Gorgeous! It's appearance makes my heart go pitter-pat, and it is SO much fun to drive. My only complaint is the infotainment stuff. Too granny sounding on the voice, and not intuitive enough overall. But, I can forgive that part because I am in love with the classy looks, and the ride that is the perfect combination of buttery smooth and sporty/peppy. So far, I'm proud to be an Audi Q5 owner. I considered an X3 too, but the Audi is just so much better looking.

UPDATE, 12/27/2017, 1.5 years of ownership:
I still love the looks and ride of my Q5. There are things I don't love, though. The mirrors are too big and block my view a lot, and the sun visors don't extend and aren't long enough for me (I'm 5'3"). Voice control 'granny' is pretty slow. The bluetooth connection with my iphone is quite variable, and the voice with google maps only works about 50% of the time (the built in navigation I don't even use, I'd much rather use my phone apps). The a/c is not as good as the one on my 15 year old Lexus). My windshield wiper sometimes takes a random trip across the window. The doors are very heavy and tend to close when I don't want them to if I'm entering or exiting the car in a parking spot that isn't level. Stuff in the back cargo area consistently shifts around a lot more than it ever did in my RX, though I'm not sure why, and I really don't like that I can't close the back cargo door with an interior button. These are all relatively minor drawbacks, though there are many. However, I really do love the way the car rides and handles, and it's still one of the classiest looking SUVs on the road.

Andy d
By Andrew Duke

2016 Audi Q5 3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Compare price offered to kkb.com

In pieces on the shop floor at 400 miles
By Rather Have Mercedes

2016 Audi Q5 2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Beautiful paperweight for the first four weeks I owned it. Timing shaft tensioner failed, then second time in it was the camshaft that failed. Audi refused buyback saying basically "too bad."