Used 2013 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Q5 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

All You will Ever Need

HarryS, 03/10/2019
2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2013 has 37,000. I am not a 'car guy'. I use it to drive down the road. It is not my identity, but maybe it is. I like the sameness of it. You see them like popcorn: they are everywhere. Know why? They are terrific. I have never had any mechanical issue. It got tires at 33,000. It gets new wiper blades annually. That's it. The only odd thing is that the first start in the morning, though garaged, causes it to lurch a bit in the first ten seconds. After that it is fine all day; stop, start, whatever. If I have any criticism it is the sound system. I have had much better. It oddly always starts with sound on and you cannot program that away. OK. I got used to it. Longest trip was 3500. I took it in for a factory call back and then gave me a loaner; a new Q-7. It was a big beast and drove like a truck. My Q-5 drives much more agile. The loaner had a lot of tech junk. It told me to watch out when I open the door. It told me nonsense. I do not want a car to tell me what to do, which is why I dislike my Apple Watch which was a gift. Keep it simple and make sure it faithfully delivers.

2013 Audi Q5 2.0 - Good so far

bkholay, 06/17/2013
2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Have owned it for over a month now. The quality of interior and exterior is very good. The turbo responds well . I like the paddle shifters and the ability to temporarily switch to manual from automatic by using the paddle shifters when you need that extra power. The car is very easy to handle and responds well. But I am disappointed by the mpg. I am supposed to get 20/28 but I am getting 17 with 25% freeway / 75% city combination . I was hoping to get 21/22 at a minimum . I use premium gas (93) and I have already tried 3 different gas stations ( Exxon, Mobil, Sams). Do difference so far. I sold my MDX that was giving me 15 mpg for (25% freeway / 75% city combination ) and now I get 17 :( .

2013 Q5 2.0T Quattro

zunoto, 01/20/2013
2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Bought it December 28, 2012. convenience package. Amazing car, i do not miss my last two 4Runners(03,11), love to drive that Crossover, great look, gas mileage is decent (91, 93), tiptronic is so cool, fun driving on manual or automatic sport or just D. Came with Michelin tires, do not have nav but the screen for radio and blue tooth is the same look and size. Heated leather seat. takes time to know all the set up inside the car, just be patient you are in a Audi. Now i don't mind beeing stuck in traffic:)

Mom loves the car, Audi service is disappointing

Areeje, 09/02/2020
2.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

I got this car for my mom to drive as an upgrade to the Honda Accord she's been driving for years. She absolutely loves it and doesn't want to drive anything other that her Audi. That being said I am knocking one star off because even though I bought this car as a one owner low mile vehicle with all services done at Audi dealer it has had some issues. She has only put 5000 miles on the car in one year and being an older lady she doesn't drive the car aggressively. Despite this the water pump busted (at 58,000 miles) with her out of the blue one evening leaving her stranded on the side of the road. After having it towed to an Audi dealer I was told that despite the water pump being recalled on the gasoline 2013 Q5's because this car was a Hybrid it wasn't covered. They both have the same part numbers so why its not covered is anyone's guess. Long story short Audi quoted $4000 for a new water pump (part cost $338 so I guess the rest was all labor?) and I got the car fixed elsewhere using the OEM part for Audi. We like the car but considering Audi was the one doing all the service previously I feel they should have caught a bad water pump before my mom got stuck on the side of the road. Their recall program is also a joke since they go by vin and not the part number that is actually in the car and charging over $3000 in labor seems a bit ridiculous to me. We're only a year into ownership so we'll see how things go from here.

Q5 3.0

Rob Rolley, 06/10/2017
3.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl S/C 8A)

Just bought a 2013 Audi Q5 3.0. Great to drive and lots of power. Has all the luxury items and is very fun and good looking. Only issue is backup camera which is not working properly - will come on sometimes for a second but then shuts off. We'll see how the dealer will handle.