Used 2013 Audi Q5 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Q5 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

New to me - I love it! - Updated: I STILL love it!

Penelope Luedtke, 01/23/2017
2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

UPDATE: Edmunds keeps asking for updates - so I'll keep giving them! I just had the Audi picked up and taken in for her 75K mile service. Her service light was on for ages because I had my son do the oil changes but of course he can't turn off the notification. Then a bulb in the left rear assembly in the bumper went out so the car reminded me of THAT every time I fired her up. I bit the bullet and paid for the service. They want an outrageous amount to replace the light assembly ($300+ per side!) but I found OEM parts on Amazon and got them both done for ~$95. Other than that, she had a slight leak around the timing chain gasket so they replaced that and she came home with a very clean bill of health! I feel so much better now that she's all topped off and has new plugs, etc. We're headed off to the beach this weekend. We love traveling in the Audi, it really is a comfortable ride. Service at the dealer was $760. This is information I'm giving you so you understand costs associated with ownership. UPDATE II: I've had my Audi for two years now and I still love it. The car is the one we always take when we travel, it gets such good gas mileage! It is such a comfortable ride we hate to take our truck anywhere now. UPDATE - I've had my Audi for 13 months now and I still love it. I just took it to the beach for a trip with my (adult) kids. We crammed her full that's for sure, but even with the extra weight she had some get up and go. She handles lovely around the windy road corners. Things I notice this time of year are: she's quick to defrost, the seat warmers are a godsend, she heats up nicely - gets toasty warm inside. Gas mileage is great. She's easy to park. I also love the seat memory button so I can get her right back to my favorite after valet drivers move the seat. I have only had this car since 12/28, but three weeks in and I can tell you it's a much nicer ride than my old Highlander. The cabin feels a lot smaller, but the car is much smaller than what I had before. The responsiveness is awesome. And can I just tell you, the automatic downhill assist saved my life? We had a huge snow storm here and I live at the bottom of a serious hill; downhill assist got me home safely. It kind of takes over the braking and all you have to do is steer. Made me feel much safer driving in snowy conditions. When I can get new tires I'll bet it will be even better! All in all I'm really happy I bought this car.

2103 Audi Q5 review

Wm. Leone, 12/04/2018
2.0T Premium Plus quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

+The engineering is high quality. The workmanship and detail is very good. The bad is the sound quality. The panoramic roof makes a lot of noise and has been recalled going back to 2010. Had it fixed at dealership recently and is ok for now. Service writer cautioned that it could come back within a year or so. Another negative is that you are recommended to use high test gas. Supposedly because the car is a turbo and needs the extra octane. Plan on spending 25% more than if you could use just mid grade. Finally, the car tends to use oil. I was told that this is normal for these cars because they are designed to be used on highways (Autobahn) rather than in town driving. A quart or so every three or four months is not uncommon. On positive side, the car is a joy to drive and the resale is excellent.

2013 audi q5 3.0t premium plus s-line

sco stu, 01/28/2016
2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Great vehicle. 0 issues since we bought the Q5. Purchased used from dealership with 12000 miles. Audi service has been outstanding. Came prepaid with scheduled maintainence plan from previous owners... Thank You! Wife primary driver and commutes many miles for work. 2 young children are the occupants for the rear seats. Forward and rear facing child seats fit no problem. Only complaint is MMI. And why is there not a separate (lone) button to control fan speed for HVAC?!

New Engine at 5 years

C Helmes, 02/11/2019
2.0T Premium quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is great luxury performance car until it starts consuming oil and the engine needs to be rebuilt. At 5 years / 105,0000 miles - it cost $5,000 to rebuild the engine. I have owned

Incredible to drive but a money pit.

HH, 01/09/2020
2.0T Prestige quattro 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo gas/electric hybrid 8A)

This car is amazing in so many ways. It's suspension makes long interstate trips incredibly comfortable. The space is adequate for long trips, it's comfortable, and it handles well. At low speeds it tends to jerk a lot. (under 20 mph). However, in one year in this vehicle we spent over $6000 dollars in repairs alone. This is with all regular maintenances being performed prior to the breakdowns. It broke down on us twice in one year and each time cost an arm and a leg to fix. It got to the point that we didn't even want to drive it anymore. We traded in for something less expensive to repair.