2018 Audi A5 Coupe Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Audi A5 Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

Best value for style and tech
By Stephen Harris

2018 Audi A5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is an amazing vehicle with so many positive aspects, the looks, style, technology, acceleration, handeling and comfort. Only downsides I have are smaller back seats that barely handle children and unexpectedly lower gas mileage. I can only imagine it’s gas mileage was based in a cool climate where the start stop function could be utilized. I’m in AZ where the AC is used all the time so the start/stop does not work while that’s on, therefore gas mileage is closer to high teens low 20’s if you drive very conservatively. Other than those 2 items, this is an amazing vehicle!

A nice but unexciting car
By Larry I. Gramovot

2018 Audi A5 Coupe Prestige quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

This is my second Audi A5 prestige model coupe. My last one was a 2010, and I loved the car - but it had gotten long in the tooth. The 2018 prestige coupe seems much better mechanically than the 2010, and both the engine and transmission are incredible. In addition, the car seems much quicker than the statistics Audi publishes, particularly in the sport mode. The steering is also very good for electric steering, and isn't too light and doesn't entirely lack road feel as many do. The electronics are also superb. In addition, the cabin materials are exceptional, and the fit and finish seems as perfect as a car can be. On the less than great side, the flat dash with the MMI screen stuck to it is sort of generic looking, and I don't think it is anywhere near as nicely designed as in the previous model. The appearance of the interior is nice, but that's about all it is. Also, the redesigned body appearance is, in my view, just okay. I used to like just looking at my dark metallic blue 2010 A5, and I thought it was truly beautiful; the 2018 model's appearance is less than awe inspiring, and lacks the uniqueness and character of the model it replaced. That's true of the interior design as well. Both are sort of bland, and there's nothing about them that stands out from the crowd. This is a car that is very good in all respects, but isn't exceptional or exciting in any respect.

Traded for Volvo S90
By Gary

2018 Audi A5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

It’s a pretty car but became too cramped. I became tired of the heavy and long doors getting in and out of parking spaces, and missed having an easy to use touchscreen. Also, the Google gps is cool but over time impractable. I didn’t need to see stuff so far to the left and right as laid out horizontally on the dash. Finally, the Audi dealer would not refund the maintenance plan a month after we bought it. Very inflexible dealer. I traded for the new and much larger Volvo S90 and love it. For the same cost, it has Auto pilot and a huge touch screen similar to the Tesla. It also has a huge back seat and drives like the Audi and with same gas mileage. I’m much happier with my Volvo and use the auto pilot all the time. I no longer mess with the Audi mouse and click on my touch screen directly. Also, the screen is vertical so I can see more of what’s ahead of me and not wasted space like in the Audi screen. Lastly, the Volvo has amazing headlights that turn with auto bright at night that makes night look like day.

Love this car
By Tireguy

2018 Audi A5 Coupe Prestige quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

So I'm pretty frugal. And when my 2000 Volkswagen Jetta 1.8 T finally died 17 years after I bought it brand new, I figured it was time for an upgrade. I skipped VW and went straight to the Audi dealership. The S8 was lovely, but a bit out of my price range. The A3, with that high roof, looked too much like my old Jetta. It would make a nice Pope-mobile. And then there sat the A5. The four door is nice but I wasn't going to be hauling my family around in this car. We have a Yukon XL for that. This one is just to move my butt up and down the George Washington Parkway, alone, in comfort--it had to be a Coupe. If you compare the coupe to the sportback, well there is no contest. I guess if you have three kids, you may be compelled to buy the sportback, which gives you an extra seat in the middle. I have more than three kids, so I might as well have been buying a Ducati. I was a little apprehensive about the 2.0T, which powers quite a few smaller VWs in lesser forms, but this car flies: 0-60 in 5 sec. Good enough for me, who has no plans to take it to the drag strip. It's a great car.