Used 2010 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews - 41 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Audi A5 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A5 model:

My cherry bomb!
By MLoudis

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had my Audi for two weeks, but I love this car. It definitely can get out of its own way, but on the average it gets 30 mpg. Much better than my Passat (but I'm still keeping that too). It's about as quiet as my Passat when the top is up. It has useful storage with the back seats down. This will be my daily driver in PA, and it's quite capable of doing that.

update on ownership
By zark

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

first, nothing has broken and the car drives well. no rattles. BUT, this make, model, year has known reliability problems. a repair shop quoted me $4k to proactively repair/replace parts known to fail because of poor design. i am putting the repair off. driving the car extra gently. blue book is $13K.

50+ Guy's Dream Car
By Cranmer

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Quattro Cabriolet is a very satisfying car. I love to drop the top and drive this car, if I do not have an errand, I'll cruise to Home Depot for a stroll. It's a bit underpowered if you want to be the first off the line at a redlight, but all the looks and functionality far make up for it. Regarding a comment about the soft top wearing out early, I cannot support that review. I'm on the original soft top at 77000 miles and it show no wear or disintegration. Plainly stated, it is fun drive and my best car buy of my life.

UPDATE: I'm now a 60+ guy. I still have the same love for this car. I "find" opportunities to go to Home Depot so that I can drop the top and enjoy the Spring weather in Texas. Sadly, the glue that held in the back window failed and of course we had heavy rains. I ended up replacing the soft top and the interior carpet. The good news: my State Farm Insurance covered it. For me, this car is part of "Living the good life!".

A sow's ear
By sapodilla

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Premium 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Before you buy this wonderful car, please be aware that your convertible top will desintigrate in about 25,000 miles. It will cost you approximately $ 8,000 to get a new one. My dealership got it down to $ 4,000 .I am suspicious . It is not covered in the warranty.
Otherwise I have enjoyed driving this car. It is a 2010 A5 with 25,000 miles up. I am hardly ever here hence the low mileage. It is parked in the garage of my building. It does not receive any bad weather and is hand washed.
My only other gripe is that you cannot pop the trunk from inside the vehicle.
I was going to buy another Audi . Maybe an A7 . Now I am thinking that because Audi made no attempt to explain why my convertible top had to be replaced .
I can no longer trust Audi . If that happens , what else could happen?
I am now looking at BMW , volvo , and Jaguar.
Just beware.

Lovely Car..But a Gateway Drug
By jetta_c

2010 Audi A5 2.0T Premium quattro 2dr Coupe AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My A5 has been a great car: reliable, good for all kinds of weather (got me home in a driving snowstorm a couple of times) and eye-catching (guys give me the envious "Nice car!" pretty regularly.)
It also knows how to get out of its own way: my favorite "sport" has become seeing how fast I cam merge (aka: come up to 60 mph) on my local highway.
This car does pull at the leash: whereas my Range Rover (350 hp) is perfectly happy to lumber along at 35 mph in town, the Audi seems insulted by such speeds.

My only complaint (albeit weak) is that all this performance in a 4-cylinder has made me want an R8.
I have a feeling that was Audi's plan all along :)

Bang and Olufsen stereo is A MUST! And just get the Prestige package - it works with the car