Used 2009 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Audi A4 Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific A4 model:

I really wanted to love this car...
By José Rosado

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

...but I would tell anyone considering an Audi that you should be prepared to spend a good amount of money on maintenance. I purchased this car used with 47,000 on it. The first month I had the car I accidently leaned on the lid for the center console storage. The cheap plastic hinge snapped off and Audi wants $280 for a replacement. The tire sensors' battery went dead and you cannot replace the battery...I think the Audi sensor was $125 (?). I went with a generic at the tire dealer for less than half that. My air conditioning compressor failed at the beginning of the summer. A replacement is available online for around $300, but in order to get to it you literally have to take the front of the car off and support the engine with a jack. Most mechanics understandably want $1,300-$1,500 for that one. At the moment, I have an error code that indicates my high-pressure fuel pump is failing. It is a too common problem with these 2.0 Turbo engines that may be related to a cam follower on the pump. The story is that during a great demand for these cars a few years ago Audi contracted a new supplier to make these parts, which were made of sub-standard metal. In extreme cases, these parts disintegrate and the metal shavings can cause catostrophic engine failure. Audi is resisting the making a general recall. When everything is working well with this car, it is a joy to drive. Unfortunately, I haven't been feeling the farfegneugan (sp?) very often lately. My general impression is that the car is fussy and over-engineered.

Love my Cabriolet!
By RITA MATTHEWS

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

It's it made for a single person!

Better than A5 Cab
By solido

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2009 A4 Cabriolet for about a year now and let me tell you the experience has been great! I wanted a convertible that was TRULY a year round vehicle, and this car definitely fit the bill. I looked at the BMW 3 series, Volvo C70 and Volkswagen Eos prior to purchasing this A4 and I am very happy with my decision. The 3 series is RWD which did not give me a good sense of security when driving in the snow. The others (Volvo and VW) just did not have the aesthetics I was looking for. The A4 cab is just a beautiful car, and handles well in all types of weather conditions. The Audi A5 cab is also a very nice car, but for the price it does not make sense to purchase one.

The interior, the interior and the interior :) The sports package (paddle shifters, sport seats, 18 inch wheels and sports suspension). The exterior when the top is down is just beautiful.

The ride could be a little rough when faced with bumpy roads. Led headlights and taillights would be nice. The A4 cabriolet is no longer in production, thus my other suggestion is to produce the line once again :)

Fantastic Car!
By SBC

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have the Audi for six months now. I have grown to enjoy it more the longer I've driven it. It is comfortable, zippy (especially in manual mode), quiet (even with the top down with the wind screen installed), and a blast to drive! This has become my favorite car I've owned/leased, slightly nudging out the Honda S2000. The S2000 was much more fun to drive, but the added convenience of a full sized trunk, and back seat in the Audi, plus the fun to drive factor, have it beat. I recommend this vehicle (or its replacement the A5, which I can't wait to get!) without reservation. There are great deals on any A4's left in stock, since this is the last year. Go get one and start having fun!

cloth drop top (thank you for not going retractable hard top, Audi), full size usable trunk (even when top is down), auto/manual trans, wind screen

A touch and release button for top up/down operation, and relocate the top up/down button from under the center console...it's inconvenient to hold the button through the entire up/down cycle, and especially difficult in its present awkward location.

Love the new A4
By Bob

2009 Audi A4 Convertible 2.0T quattro 2dr Convertible AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in my 2002 A4 3.0 Quattro on a lease on a 2009 A4 2.0 Quattro. This 2.0 has plenty of torque. Cannot tell the difference with the new V4 from my prior V6, except the gas mileage is better and it is a quieter engine. I ordered the Premium Plus package with the navigator. I love the voice activated bluetooth dialing, the voice activated navigation, etc., and the backup camera with guidance. Audi came up with a winner. I am getting over 33 miles per gallon on the highway and around 28 in the city/suburbs. I am very happy with the vehicle. I loved my 2002; but, this is a big improvement. Only thing I miss from the 2002 is the storage compartments under the front seats.

Bluetooth phone, navigator, and radio can be controlled by voice. Very smart looking dash and console. The extra room from the previous model makes a noticeable difference.

The only improvement I would make is to bring back the under the seat storage compartments that were in the previous model, starting in 2002.