Used 2005 Aston Martin DB9 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Aston Martin DB9 Convertible Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DB9 model:

Understated Performance Car
By Chuck

2005 Aston Martin DB9 Convertible Volante 2dr Convertible (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

It's a head turner but fun to drive even at longer distances. Not as many on the road as the Ferrari. The convertible is a pleasure after having the DB7. I love the car.

Convertble, sound of the engine, navigation system

none

Ashton Martin for 2005
By NwEnglndRe-l-t

2005 Aston Martin DB9 Convertible Volante 2dr Convertible (5.9L 12cyl 6A)

We preordered the 05 DB-9, auto-tran so the wife can drive it. I was originally skeptical about ordering an AstonM after their merger with Ford a year or few back and losing their designer to Jaguar. However, AstonM has not lost their edge. Soon as I started the car after its initial delivery, it purred so solidly (the only way to describe it). There was no way to say how getting in the car and whisking away, becoming the center of attention on the mediocre streets of reality feels.This car let loose effortlessly as I took off, tearing up the onramp going from 0-80 in only a few seconds.

Outstanding autotrans, ESP, instrument panel... A MUST DRIVE! If you're used to driving sedans, this is such a rush. I drove my wife's 03' 745 for a year, and now this car was what I was looking for!

I thought they could have had better placement of the navigation screen and do a better job with the driver interfaces... American cars lack a good solid driver interface, but this car has the hotness, and you feel the heat soon as you tap the gas and go, and I think people around you feel it too.